- Price AED 600
- Duration 1 Day
- Locations Al Bateen Executive Airport - أبو ظبي - United Arab Emirates
Every year, thousands of workers are made ill by hazardous substances, contracting lung disease such as asthma, cancer and skin disease such as dermatitis. These diseases cost many millions each year to; the industry - to replace the trained worker; society - in disability allowances and medicines; and inpiduals - who may lose their jobs. As an employer, we are responsible for taking effective measures to control exposure and protect health. These measures can also improve production or cut waste.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate the scope of hazardous substances in the workplace
- Demonstrate how hazardous substances adversely affect health
- Demonstrate methods of identification of hazardous substances
- Demonstrate the range of control measures available for the safe use of hazardous substances
- Demonstrate the purpose and content of COSHH assessments
Who Should Attend
- Any supervisory, management or HSE personnel who wish to have a deeper understanding of the substances hazardous to health and those with responsibility for using, handling, transporting and storing such substances
- What is a substance hazardous to health?
- What do we need to do about it?
- COSHH Assessment
- Exposure limits
- Control Measures
- Health Surveillance
- Training for employees
Course Prerequisite (s)
- The training is in English. Organisations are requested to provide information on their procedures to ensure that the training is aligned to their expectations and procedures.
their team at the Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies (GCAS) offer employers and employees of the aviation industry the very finest in international standard training.
Based at Al Bateen Executive Airport in the UAE capital of Abu Dhabi, they at GCAS are equipped with outstanding facilities, a pool of international knowledge and the highest of accreditations.See all Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies(GCAS) courses
Workplace safety Related Questions
Unanswered //Oct 12, 2016 Healthcare and Medical