Provide participants with the basic knowledge necessary to accommodate the nature of the work of banks and foundations of their relationship with international correspondent banks and the implications of these relationships on the work of the Treasury Department on both sides.
- The establishment of departments of banks.
- Banks around affected including:
- Geographical impact.
- Political implications.
- The economic impact.
- Create a banking relationship between the correspondent banks.
- Choosing the bank on certain grounds.
- Delegates visits.
- The terms of the exchange deal.
- SWIFT system.
- Signatures bulletin.
- Annual report of the bank.
- Open accounts and type of currency accounts and approvals.
- The opening of the facilities and in particular the enhanced documentary credits and bills of credits and guarantees.
- The international rating agencies assess summary.
- The bank's capital adequacy.
- Cash and liquidity, organization and especially with regard to the risks.
- Control and anti-money laundering.
- Treasury operations:
- Dealing Room.
- Traders and currency traders.
- Real-time deal.
- Dealing forward.
- Dealing limits and restrictions.
- Relationship Treasury wage adjusts risks to the bank and also adjust liquidity Long Position , Short Positon .
- Practical examples and case studies.
About Institute of Banking Studies
The Central Bank of Jordan began in 1965 to study the necessary means of setting up a team for theoretical and practical training aimed at promoting human cadres of the banking and financial sector and study its employees needs and satisfy their desires to advance their scientific and practical abilities . These efforts culminated in the creation of the Institute of Banking Studies in accordance with Article (37) Paragraph (d) of the Central Bank of Jordan Law and in accordance with the Institute,s Articles of Association No. (69) issued on 1970. The Institute was officially inaugurated on October 9, 1971 and was housed then at the Central Bank,s premises.
In the early 1990,s , the Institute witnessed a new stage ; the construction of the Institute,s permanent headquarter in Tla,a Al Ali , a suburb of the capital Amman . The complex was constructed on an eight dunums plot of land and comprised of administration units, academic and training activities halls, library, laboratories, cafeteria, health clinic and a multipurpose hall. Also , the Institute has two branches, one in Irbid and the other in Aqaba. The purpose of these branches is to widen the distribution of academic and training activities conducted by the Institute to cover the various regions of the Kingdom.See all Institute of Banking Studies courses