This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to configure and manage a Microsoft SharePoint Server environment. This course will teach you how to configure SharePoint Server, as well as provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help you optimize your SharePoint server deployment. This is the first in a sequence of two courses for IT Professionals and will align with the first exam in the SharePoint Server IT Pro certification.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the key features of SharePoint 2013
- Design an information architecture
- Design logical and physical architectures
- Install and configure SharePoint Server 2013
- Create web applications and site collections
- Plan and configure service applications
- Manage users and permissions
- Configure authentication for SharePoint 2013
- Secure a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Manage taxonomy
- Configure user profiles
- Configure enterprise search
- Monitor and maintain a SharePoint 2013 environment
- Software management in a Windows 2008 R2 enterprise server or Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually and in the cloud.
- Administering Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Configuring Active Directory for use in authentication, authorization and as a user store.
- Managing an application remotely using Windows PowerShell 2.0.
- Connecting applications to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Implementing Claims-based Security.
- Module 1: Introducing SharePoint Server 2013
- Module 2: Designing an Information Architecture
- Module 3: Designing a Logical Architecture
- Module 4: Designing a Physical Architecture
- Module 5: Installing and Configuring SharePoint Server 2013
- Module 6: Creating Web Applications and Site Collections
- Module 7: Planning and Configuring Service Applications
- Module 8: Managing Users and Permissions
- Module 9: Configuring Authentication for SharePoint 2013
- Module 10: Securing a SharePoint 2013 Deployment
- Module 11: Managing Taxonomy
- Module 12: Configuring User Profiles
- Module 13: Configuring Enterprise Search
- Module 14: Monitoring and Maintaining a SharePoint 2013 Environment
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses