This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to configure and manage a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 environment. This course will teach you how to configure SharePoint Server 2013, as well as provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help you optimize your SharePoint server deployment.
This is the first in a sequence of two courses for IT Professionals and will align with the first exam in the SharePoint Server 2013 IT Pro certification.
- Module 1: Introducing SharePoint Server 2013
- Module 2: Designing an Information Architecture
- Module 3: Designing a Logical Architecture
- Module 4: Designing a Physical Architecture
- Module 5: Installing and Configuring SharePoint Server 2013
- Module 6: Creating Web Applications and Site Collections
- Module 7: Planning and Configuring Service Applications
- Module 8: Managing Users and Permissions
- Module 9: Configuring Authentication for SharePoint 2013
- Module 10: Securing a SharePoint 2013 Deployment
- Module 11: Managing Taxonomy
- Module 12: Configuring User Profiles
- Module 13: Configuring Enterprise Search
- Module 14: Monitoring and Maintaining a SharePoint 2013 Environment
The course is targeted at experienced IT Professionals interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy and manage SharePoint Server 2013 installations in either the data center or the cloud.
Students typically have more than four years of hands-on experience* planning and maintaining SharePoint and other core technologies upon which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2008 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server 2008 R2 or later, Active Directory, and networking infrastructure services.
The minimally qualified candidate typically:
- Is an IT professional who plans, implements, and maintains a multi-server deployment of SharePoint Server 2013.
- Has a working knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience, with SharePoint Online.
- Has broad familiarity with SharePoint workloads.
- Have experience with business continuity management, including data backup, restoration, and high availability.
- Has experience with authentication and security technologies
- Has experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Hands-on experience or job experience is considered a solutions-based role where the candidate works within the solutions space covered by SharePoint, working on multiple solutions in the SharePoint space that includes document management, content management, and search.
The secondary audience for this course are Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in the administering line-of-business (LOB) projects in conjunction with internal business customers would benefit from an understanding of how to manage SharePoint Server 2013. Administrators who are entirely new to SharePoint will gain some benefit from the course, but it is recommended that they familiarize themselves with the basic concepts of the SharePoint platform before attending.
About SitesPower Training Institute
Resulting from our proven track record of customer satisfaction, SitesPower has been granted numerous international, elite authorizations and achievements in the short time since launching in 2001, not to mention having our courses Accredited by the Ministry of Education. As an independent training provider, rather than a franchisee, these are true accomplishments. Authorizations include PMI, ILM (UK), Microsoft, RedHat, EC-Council, ITIL (EXIN), City & Guilds, AutoDesk, Adobe & ICDL.See all SitesPower Training Institute courses