- Locations: Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
- Duration: 5 Days
The course teaches IT professionals how to plan, design, deploy, configure, and administer a Microsoft Lync Server 2013 solution.
- Architecture and design approach for Microsoft Lync Server 2013
- Designing a Lync Server 2013 Topology
- Configuring Users and Rights in Microsoft Lync Server 2013
- Client and Device Deployment and Management
- Conferencing in Lync Server 2013
- Designing and Deploying External Access
- Deploying Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Persistent Chat
- Monitoring and Archiving
- Administrating and Maintenance of Lync Server 2013
- High Availability in Lync Server 2013
- Disaster Recovery in Lync Server 2013
- Planning a Migration to Lync Server 2013
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the overall server and client Lync Server 2013 architecture.
- Describe Lync 2013 features and user scenarios.
- Describe the Lync Server deployment process.
- Describe the components of a Lync Server 2013 Design.
- Plan for Microsoft Solutions Framework for Lync 2013.
- Plan Infrastructure Requirements for Lync Server 2013.
- Use the Lync Server 2013 Planning Tool.
- Plan for Site Topology.
- Plan the Server Infrastructure.
- Design Documentation Using Microsoft Office.
- Use Lync Server 2013 management interfaces.
- Configure Role-Based Access Control.
- Prepare for client deployment.
- Deploy and manage clients.
- Prepare for device deploy• Deploy and manage Internet ment.
- Protocol (IP) phones.
- Describe conferencing in Lync Server 2013.
- Describe dial-in conferencing in Lync Server 2013.
- Manage and administer dial-in conferencing in Lync Server 2013.
- Describe the conferencing capabilities of Lync Server 2013.
- Design audio and video for web conferencing.
- Plan for instant message and presence Federation.
- Design Edge services.
- Describe the features and concepts for Persistent Chat in Lync Server 2013.
- Design Lync Server 2013 to include Persistent Chat.
- Deploy and configure Persistent chat in Lync Server 2013.
- Describe the Archiving service.
- Describe the Monitoring service.
- Configure the Archiving and Monitoring services.
- Describe and use the Lync Server 2013 troubleshooting tools.
- Describe the required daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance tasks.
- Describe the fundamental troubleshooting approach to Lync Server 2013 issues.
- Use SIP commands and analyze SIP logs.
- Describe high availability in Lync Server 2013.
- Configure High Availability features in Lync Server 2013.
- Plan for load balancing in Lync Server 2013.
- Design load balancing in Lync Server 2013.
- Describe the high availability options in Lync Server 2013.
- Describe the tools for backing up and restoring Lync Server 2013 data.
- Backup and restore critical Lync Server 2013 data.
- Export and import critical Lync Server 2013 data.
- Describe design considerations for branch site scenarios.
- Describe the migration process.
- Describe migration and coexistence topologies.
- Plan for client and device migration.
About New Horizons Lebanon
As changes in technology have accelerated, it’s become even more essential for people to master technology to be productive, invaluable employees who optimize, program and invent solutions—and even grow companies of their own. With over 300 centers in 60 countries, New Horizons is the world’s largest independent IT and Business training company. Over the past 35 years, New Horizons has delivered a full range of IT and business skills/Management training through innovative learning methods that have transformed businesses and helped over 35 million students reach their goals. New Horizons Lebanon branch was established in 1996.