Center Benefits - Microsoft Courses :
• Microsoft Gold Partner for Learning Solutions
• Microsoft Official Curriculum
• Microsoft Certified Trainers
• Certificate of Attendance from Microsoft
• Computer Labs: 1 PC for each student
• UAE Ministry of Education Accredited Institute
• Certificate of Achievement (Ministry Attestation fees apply)
• Corporate Venue: Onsite or at SitesPower
• Microsoft Exam Pass Guarantee
• Limited Promotions :
- Free Corporate Training with Microsoft SA Vouchers
About this Course
This instructor-led course teaches IT professionals how to plan, design, deploy, configure, and administer a Microsoft Lync Server 2013 solution. The course emphasizes Lync Server 2013 Enterprise Unified Communications features with particular emphasis on coexisting with and migrating from legacy communication services. The labs in this course create a solution that includes IM and Presence, Conferencing, and Persistent Chat. This course helps the student prepare for Exam 70-336.
This course is intended for IT consultants and telecommunications consulting professionals who design, plan, deploy, and maintain solutions for unified communications (UC). Candidates should be able to translate business requirements into technical architecture and design for a UC solution.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the overall server and client Lync Server 2013 architecture.
- Describe Lync 2013 features and user scenarios.
- Describe the Lync Server deployment process.
- Describe the components of a Lync Server 2013 Design.
- Plan for Microsoft Solutions Framework for Lync 2013.
- Plan Infrastructure Requirements for Lync Server 2013.
- Use the Lync Server 2013 Planning Tool.
- Use Topology Builder.
- Plan for Site Topology.
- Design a Site Topology.
- Plan the Server Infrastructure.
- Design Documentation Using Microsoft Office.
- Use Lync Server 2013 management interfaces.
- Configure Role-Based Access Control.
- Prepare for client deployment.
- Deploy and manage clients.
- Prepare for device deployment.
- Deploy and manage Internet Protocol (IP) phones.
- Describe conferencing in Lync Server 2013.
- Describe dial-in conferencing in Lync Server 2013.
- Manage and administer dial-in conferencing in Lync Server 2013.
- Describe the conferencing capabilities of Lync Server 2013.
- Design audio and video for web conferencing.
- Plan for instant message and presence Federation.
- Design Edge services.
- Describe the features and concepts for Persistent Chat in Lync Server 2013.
- Design Lync Server 2013 to include Persistent Chat.
- Deploy and configure Persistent chat in Lync Server 2013.
- Describe the Archiving service.
- Describe the Monitoring service.
- Configure the Archiving and Monitoring services.
- Describe and use the Lync Server 2013 troubleshooting tools.
- Describe the required daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance tasks.
- Describe the fundamental troubleshooting approach to Lync Server 2013 issues.
- Use SIP commands and analyze SIP logs.
- Describe high availability in Lync Server 2013.
- Configure High Availability features in Lync Server 2013.
- Plan for load balancing in Lync Server 2013.
- Design load balancing in Lync Server 2013.
- Describe the high availability options in Lync Server 2013.
- Describe the tools for backing up and restoring Lync Server 2013 data.
- Backup and restore critical Lync Server 2013 data.
- Export and import critical Lync Server 2013 data.
- Describe design considerations for branch site scenarios.
- Describe the migration process.
- Describe migration and coexistence topologies.
- Plan for client and device migration.
- Design a software deployment strategy for Lync 2013.
- Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience managing software in a Windows 2008 R2 enterprise server or Windows Server 2012 environment
- Experience managing an application remotely using Windows PowerShell 3.0
- Familiarity with managing and configuring databases
- An introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
- Module 1: Architecture and Design Approach for Microsoft Lync Server 2013
- Module 2: Designing a Lync Server 2013 Topology
- Module 3: Configuring Users and Rights in Microsoft Lync Server 2013
- Module 4: Client and Device Deployment and Management
- Module 5: Conferencing in Lync Server 2013
- Module 6: Designing and Deploying External Access
- Module 7: Deploying Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Persistent Chat
- Module 8: Monitoring and Archiving
- Module 9: Administration and Maintenance of Lync Server 2013
- Module 10: High Availability in Lync Server 2013
- Module 11: Disaster Recovery in Lync Server 2013
- Module 12: Planning a Migration to Lync Server 2013
Updated on 08 November, 2015
About SitesPower Training Institute
Resulting from our proven track record of customer satisfaction, SitesPower has been granted numerous international, elite authorizations and achievements in the short time since launching in 2001, not to mention having our courses Accredited by the Ministry of Education. As an independent training provider, rather than a franchisee, these are true accomplishments. Authorizations include PMI, ILM (UK), Microsoft, RedHat, EC-Council, ITIL (EXIN), City & Guilds, AutoDesk, Adobe & ICDL.See all SitesPower Training Institute courses