By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand how often we all negotiate and the benefits of good negotiation skills.
- Recognize the importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
- Identify the various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Develop strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics.
- Gain skill in developing alternatives and recognizing options.
- Have the opportunity to practice the "how to" of these skills in a supportive environment.
- Understand basic negotiation principles, including BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA
What is Negotiation?
- Defining Negotiation
- Types of Negotiation
- Positional Bargaining
- Principled Negotiating
- Phases of Negotiation
The Successful Negotiator
- Key Attributes
- Group Exercise
Preparing for Negotiation
- Getting Started
- Personal Preparation
- Researching Your Side
- Case Study
- Researching the Other Side
The Nuts and Bolts
- Setting the Time and Place
- Case Study
Making the Right Impression
- First Impressions
- The Handshake
- Dress for Success
- The Skill of Making Small Talk
Getting off to a Good Start
- Common Ground
- Ground Rules
The Bargaining Stage
Inventing Options for Mutual Gain
- The Four Obstacles
- Overcoming the Obstacles
Getting Past No and Getting to Yes
- Getting Past No
- Breaking the Impasse
- Getting to Yes
Dealing with Negative Emotions
Moving from Bargaining to Closing
- Knowing When to Close
- Formal vs. Informal Agreements
The Closing Process
- Win-Win Solutions
- Building a Sustainable Agreement
- Getting Consensus
- A Personal Action Plan
- Recommended Reading List
Qatar Milestone Training Solutions (QMTS) was established to offer our clients and trainees the opportunity to improve and support their skills and abilities needed to develop fulfilling and sustainable opportunities for employment and entrepreneurship and help them be part of the most current and latest knowledge in both, business and English Language fields.
To be a key milestone in the fields of business and English language training and be a pioneer in corporate and organization training and development in the Middle East.
To develop the abilities and capabilities of people of Qatar through internationally standardized and accredited programs.
To promote and facilitate the highest standards in Business and English Language training
To develop the abilities and capabilities of people of Qatar through Internationally standardized and accredited programs.
To provide complete training solutions for corporations and government
organizations that need to train their staff on the latest business skills and English language.
To improve the clients workplace performance by helping them to attain a higher standard of proficiency and confidence in their English and Business skills.
To play a significant role in the achievement of the prosperous
education future of Qatar and to address tomorrow's business growth.See all QMTS courses