The class is designed for the beginner to cookie making. You will be shown how to make the cookie dough and a quick and easy method of rolling out perfect cookies every time. We will then learn how to glaze cookies, outline and fill-in for a perfect finish, add embellishments such as sugar, dragees, flowers and more. Each student will then decorate cookies using the methods shown.
In this Workshop you will
- Learn the art and science of baking cookies
- Learn how to roll the dough to get perfect cookies every time
- Learn the Do's and Don'ts of baking cookies
- We will provide you with our recipes of roll out cookies
- You will also learn how to make the royal icing to decorate the cookies
- You will learn how to outline and flood the cookies
- You will learn the art of marbelising the cookies
- You will learn how to do brush embroidery on the cookies
- You will get to take home 10 ready decorated cookies to share with your family
We will provide
- All ingredients to bake and decorate the cookies
- Box to take the ready cake home
You will need to bring
- Rolling Pin
- Roll And Cut Mat
- Paint Brush
- Piping Bags
- Tips 1,2,3,5,16,18
- If you have any particular cookie cutter that you would like to use
Caramel, the Sweet Arts Studio, is a destination for all things cake in Qatar. It was established in 2013 by Bernadine 'Jojo' Rego who is a certified Wilton (USA) Method Instructor and PME (UK) Certified Instructor. Jojo has also completed the Baking and Pastry Pro course at the Academy of Pastry Arts in Malaysia, and the Squires Kitchen 5-Day School in the UK. In addition she has attended various masterclasses around the world, including those conducted by Maisie Parrish, Debbie Brown, Eddie Spence and others.
Conveniently located near Al Waab street, Caramel operates out of a large villa with multiple classrooms that have been purpose-built for cake decorating and baking classes. Also on the premises is a large retail area that sells all the products and equipment the cake decorating enthusiast requires. We offer a wide range of workshops ranging from basic baking and the fundamentals of cake decorating, to internationally recognized professional-level courses. One of our initiatives at Caramel is the Masterclass series, where we bring in world-renowned cake decorating specialists to conduct classes here in Qatar.
Our qualified instructors are excited to share their skills, and our students cover a broad spectrum: from the hobbyist cake decorator, to the person running (or planning to start) a home-based business, to the professional pastry chef looking to hone his/her skills. There’s something for everyone at Caramel!See all Caramel Doha courses