- Duration: 4 Days
The conventional and Islamic project finance course is to provide a thorough overview of the core principles and practice of Islamic Project Finance. The course is heavily case oriented, thus providing participants with a practical insight into the various Islamic project financing structures in the market. Participants will have a greater appreciation of the various structural considerations as well as a thorough understanding of the risks associated with project finance. Through a mixture of formal presentation, proactive discussions, examples from various business sectors, exercises of multi-sourced financing, and active participation, delegates will be exposed to a wide range of factors involved in evaluating projects and analysing project finance cash flows.
Upon the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain the rationale of project financing
- Assess and evaluate project risks specifically those related to Islamic financial institutions
- Describe the methodology for evaluating the project cash flows
- Identify and illustrate project structures and documentation
- Use quantitative and qualitative techniques on analysing Islamic finance related projects
- Design an actual project finance model to structure financing.
This course is for inpiduals who have an interest in project finance that is engaged by Islamic financial institutions. This may include and may not be limited to: Investment managers, fund managers, treasury staff, risk managers, credit officers, financial control staff, operations department staff, Shariah audit staff, or any inpidual whose work is related to project finance.
The course is conducted via a combination of lectures; case studies; role plays; and videos, where applicable.
- Critical components identification of a project
- The rationale behind a project
- The different stages in a deal
- Evaluating the project cash flows
- Risk identification
- Alternative financing
- Inter creditor agreement
- Applicable Islamic contracts
- Project structure and documentation
About Qatar Finance & Business Academy
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses