- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Salwa Road South, Doha, Qatar
The course is designed to provide and introduction to the emergency response role and responsibilities of a control room operator in a centralised control room.
The course is based on a generic installation and therefore would suit delegates from an offshore environment. The course however can be tailored to suit delegates from an onshore oil or gas receivable terminal. All delegates are given constructive feedback by an independent certified industry assessor, in preparation for formal assessment, if applicable.
Delegates must have outside operator experience.
Aimed at potential Control room Operators (CROs). On completion of the course delegates are issued a narrative appraisal report to the delegate's employing company identifying their readiness for assessment.
The syllabus focuses on:
- Alarm management and interpretation
- Checklists and handover/incident logging
- Emergency shutdown and blowdown systems
- Fire and gas detection systems
- Generic emergency response role and responsibilities
- Hydrocarbon gas detection
- Process and utilities monitoring
- Stress management
QISC narrative appraisal report