- Fees / Price EGP 3,200
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Garden City
This course will help you fully realize the risks of disputes associated with a project during its different phases, and define & fully understand the parties’ obligations to mitigate such risks. You learn how to design the contract to avoid the negative outcomes of such disputes, how to select procurement strategies and procedures, and how to select the best contractor for the project. As well, you will cover the subjects vital to training good contract administrators to manage time, cost, documentation, and disputes during this phase.
The aim of this course is to teach participants to select the most appropriate contract strategy, and to design the contract with measures that mitigate the risk of disputes. Participants will also learn how to design a dispute resolution system, prepare tendering documents, analyze bid and award contracts, and select the most suitable contractor. In addition, they will estimate costs and analyze cash flow, prepare project schedules and resource plans, review contract documents, and establish a responsibility Matrix.
Who should attend:
This course will benefit Project Managers, Contract Managers, Contract Administrators, Civil Engineers, Contractors, Sub-contractors, Consultants, Employers, Owners, Government Employees, Public-Sector Employees, Officers of Project Management firms and Construction Management firms, Architects, and Construction Professionals.
- The Life Cycle of Projects
- Selecting Contracting Strategies
- Procurement Methods and the Impact on Disputes during the Project
- Selecting an Appropriate Form of Procurement to Minimize Disputes
- Designing a dispute Resolution System
- Preparation of Construction Documents
- General Aspects of Tendering and Bidding
- Pre-Award Considerations
- Contractor’s Pre-qualification
- Value Engineering
- Constructability Review
- Tender Selection and Awarding
- Owner’s Responsibilities during Project Delivery
- Case Study.
- Cost Estimation Methods and Project Budgets
- Cash Flow Analysis
- Project Planning and Scheduling
- Resource Management
- Software Applications
- Case Study.
- Contract Administration in the Field
- Payments and Payment Certificates
- Procedures for Change Request Processing and Cost Control
- Monitoring Job Progress and Scheduling Requirements
- Earned Value and Project Control
- Monthly Status Reports
- Legal Concerns in Construction Field Administration
- Case Study
- Live group instruction
- Use of real-world examples, case studies and exercises
- Interactive participation and discussion
- PowerPoint presentation, LCD and flip chart
- Self-test and group activities
- Each participant receives a binder containing a copy of the presentation slides and handouts
Projacs International is the largest Pan-Arab project management firm boasting 21 offices in 21 major cities in the Middle East, North Africa, Asia, Europe and North America.
Established in 1984, They have over 600ã€€professional staff offering customized services to a variety of clients in the public and private sectors. Projacs helps its clients achieve greatã€€visions by successfully delivering hundreds of projects across 24 countries.
Projacs offers specialized services and leadership in a persity of projects from government buildings to utility plants. Other project types include residential and commercial developments, educational facilities, hotels and resorts, sports centers, airports, oil and gas plants, car assembly plants, infrastructure and highways, healthcare facilities, retail developments, and palaces and private homes.
They work directly with owners, developers, hotel operators, tenants, educational institutions, hospital operators, financial institutions, funding organizations, project managers, consultants, contractors and other stakeholders.
Projacs - combining the latest services with a proven track record for success.See all Projacs courses