- Locations: Petro Tech
High quality Contract and Tender Management are essential activities in achieving improved levels of performance for all organizations. Providing the high value added activities available from contract and procurement operations requires the continuous involvement of knowledgeable professionals and management who understand and implement the best practices in Contract Management and Tendering for the acquisition of goods, equipment, and services. Included in the many topics covered in this training session to move contracts from the tactical to a more important strategic focus are:
- Contract Management And Tendering Is A Profession, Not Just A Job
- Elements Of A Good Procurement & Competitive Bidding Process
- Developing Tender Evaluation Criteria
- Selecting The Right Contract Type
- Contract Preparation
- Contract Management
- Discuss Elements Of Good Procurement Process
- Learn Methods Of Tender Evaluation
- Review Contract Strategies
- Explore Steps In Developing Performance Based Service Contracts
- See Examples Of Important Commercial Contract Clauses
- Be Presented The Essential Elements Of A Contract
- Be Given Examples And Sources Of Contract Checklist
Participants will increase competencies through a variety of instructional methods including lecture by an experienced practitioner and consultant, exercises, and group discussions covering current practices and their relationship to the implementation of new concepts.
Those involved in tendering, bid, and supplier evaluation and the preparation of contracts understand well the significant challenges in this ever changing business environment. This program is designed to increased the competencies of all those contributing to the acquisition process for equipment, materials, and services so that the significant cost, quality, and delivery improvements available from the market place can be obtained.
DAY 1 - Contract management and tendering - when does the process start?
- What You Need To Know To Be Competent at Contract Management
- Elements Of A Good Procurement and Competitive Bidding Process
- Standards Of Ethical Practice
- Example Policy "Relations With Suppliers
- Selecting The Right Contracting Strategy
- Types Of Statement Of Work
- The Importance Of The Contract
- Basic Contract Types
- Basic Types Of Project Deliver
DAY 2 - Developing the tender
- Objectives Of The Contract
- Tender And Contract Check Lists
- The Important Integration Clause
- Inspection, Acceptance, Rejection
- Clauses For Defects In Material And Workmanship
- Developing Performance-Based Service Contracts
- Penalty/Liquidated Damages Clause
- Clauses For Spare Parts
DAY 3 - Important elements of the contract
- Saving With Economic Price Adjustment Clauses
- Force Majeure Clauses
- Contract Changes Clauses
- Methods Of Payment
- Progress Payments
- Letters Of Intent, Award, And Side Agreements
DAY 4 - Bidder selection and tender evaluation
- Selecting The Bidders
- We Want More Than The Lowest Price
- How Do You Know You Got A Good Price?
- Use Of Price Indexes
- Electronic Evaluations
- Requesting Cost Breakdowns And Evaluations Of Cost Breakdowns
DAY 5 - Managing the contract performance
- The Criticality Of Good Contract Administration
- Contract Changes
- Determining Status And Expediting
- Contractor Payments
- How Contracts End
- Remedies For Breach Of Contract
- Types Of Bonds and Guarantees
- Negotiation Tips
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.