- The need for planning and control of terminal operations
- The crane movement sheet and its uses
- The crane sequence sheet and its uses
- Discharge and loading sheets and their uses
- Berth allocation and the berthing plan
- The strategic plan and its preparation
- Preparation of work schedule sets
- Equipment, labour and gear requisition and allocation
- Container yard work schedules
- Supervising and controlling terminal operations.
This Unit is designed:
- To explain the need for detailed planning and control of terminal operations.
- To describe the operations planning procedures for a container vessel, including berth allocation and the preparation of the strategic plan.
- To describe the form and uses of a container terminal’s main work schedules—crane movement sheets, crane sequence sheets and discharge and loading sequence sheets—and explain how they are developed.
- To discuss the procedures for the requisition and allocation of equipment, labour and gear.
- To explain how container yard and other in-terminal movements of containers are planned and scheduled.
- To discuss how operational work schedules are used for supervising and controlling container terminal operations.