- Introduction: container routes
- Container terminal activities
- Container terminal plans, layout and areas
- Container terminal operations
- Operational imbalances and bottlenecks
- Container handling equipment and systems
- Terminal access and general safety rules
- Terminal organization and departmental responsibilities
- Terminal management and supervision.
This Unit is designed:
- To explain the role of the container terminal in cargo handling.
- To describe the activities, facilities and operation of the container terminal.
- To discuss organizational structure, management, supervision and control of the container terminal