- The need for an international system of container marks
- The five categories of operational marks
- The ISO coding system
- The check digit and its calculation
- The size/type codes
- The specification marks - mandatory and optional
- The locations and layout of the ISO marks
- The safety approval and customs approval plates
- Other 'operational' container markings
This Unit is designed:
- To describe the ISO system of container marks and the reasons for its development and use.
- To describe the range of other marks and labels commonly displayed on a container.
- To provide the ability to 'read' the ISO and other container marks, as appropriate to the learner's duties.