- Introduction: the need for CFS and its function
- CFS facilities and storage system
- Unpacking containers procedures
- Handling imports in CFS by transportations
- Handling exports in CFS
- Loading export cargos in containers
- Stowage and other operations manually and by equipments
- Safety and health in CFS
This Unit is designed:
- To explain why importers and exporters use the facilities of a container freight station.
- To describe the functions, facilities and layout of a container freight station.
- To explain the administrative, documentary and handling procedures followed for handling imports through a CFS.
- To explain the administrative, documentary and handling procedures followed for handling exports through a CFS.
- To outline the main procedures and practices necessary for the safe and efficient operation of a CFS.