A number of workers are injured or killed each year while working in tight spaces. An estimated 60% of the fatalities each year have been among the would-be rescuers. Working in confined spaces can be more hazardous than regular workspaces for many reasons.
To effectively control the risks associated with working in a tight spaces, a Hazard Assessment and Control Program should be implemented for your workplace. Before putting this program together, make sure to review the specific regulations that may apply to your workplace.
- Identify what types of areas are confined spaces, including permit-required confined spaces and non-permit spaces, and to define each term.
- Identify the hazards commonly found in confined spaces, including atmospheric hazards and physical hazards.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the Entrant and Attendant as defined by OSHA for various personnel during confined space operations.
- Understand the use and need for a confined space permit.
- Understand basic emergency activities during a confined space emergency, including the hierarchy of rescue.
Written and Practical Exam
This program is designed for all employee who require to enter confined space at workplace.
- Current confined spaces legislation
- Identify a confined space & Why Is This Important?
- Hazard Assessment
- Evaluating Permit-Required in confined Spaces
- Evaluating Hazardous Atmospheres
- Entry Permit Required
- On-Site Rescue & Emergency Services
- Entry Plans
- Entry PPE Check list
- Confined Space Controls
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify the hazards within confined spaces
- Carry out a safe entry
- Carry out an emergency Self-rescue
- Understand the requirements for strict control measures
- Permit to work and safe systems of work
- Use of Breathing Apparatus
- Rescue & Communication Plans
STC is an internationally accredited vocational training provider and consultation company established in the Kingdom of Bahrain. It has since become the successful training and consultancy company that it is today providing comprehensive training packages backed up by actual hands-on experience, the aim of which is to enable trainees to apply the theories of various health and safety programs into ‘real-life’ practice.
To be the most preferred Training Solutions provider in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
It is STC's objective to deliver the best training by expert trainers using continually developed programs of various sectors with a commitment to quality and facilitating customers’ learning needs and to further grow in our association with international academic bodies.See all Safetry Training & Consultants Center courses