- Duration: 35 Hours
- Timings 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Center Benefits - Microsoft Courses :
• Microsoft Gold Partner for Learning Solutions
• Microsoft Official Curriculum
• Microsoft Certified Trainers
• Certificate of Attendance from Microsoft
• Computer Labs: 1 PC for each student
• UAE Ministry of Education Accredited Institute
• Certificate of Achievement (Ministry Attestation fees apply)
• Corporate Venue: Onsite or at SitesPower
• Microsoft Exam Pass Guarantee
This course provides students hands-on experience with Windows 8. It provides guidance on installing, upgrading, and licensing for Windows 8. Students will learn how to manage storage by creating simple, spanned, and striped volumes, and how to optimize file-system performance. Additionally, they will learn how to manage available disk space by using quotas. Students will work with Windows tools and services to determine the source of performance and reliability issues, and to troubleshoot these issues.
This course describes how to configure networking to include IPv4, IPv6, connect to wireless networks, and use the networking features included in Windows 8 to troubleshoot networking issues. Students will also learn preventive measures and tools that work together to protect their computers from security threats.
The course then covers the features related to file and folder management, which include setting permissions, file/folder compression, and configuring shared folders. Students will also learn about installing and managing printers. Additionally, the course provides an overview of the SkyDrive functionality, and describes the procedures to install and configure applications, including Windows Store apps.
The course also examines the fundamentals of working with virtual machines in the Client Hyper-V environment in Windows 8.
Students will learn about features such as Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and DirectAccess, which provide mobile users access to internal resources when the users are out of the office.
Throughout the course, students will use Windows PowerShell 3.0, and its graphical user interface (GUI) to configure and manage the system. Students will also use the scripting editor to create and examine PowerShell scripts used to manage the system.
This course is intended for IT professionals who configure or support Windows 8 computers, devices, users and associated network and security resources. The networks with which these professionals typically work are configured as a single domain-based or peer-to-peer environment with access to the Internet and cloud services. The IT professional could be a consultant, full-time desktop support technician, or an IT generalist who administers Windows 8-based computers and devices as a portion of their broader technical responsibilities. The course is also intended for students who seek certification in the 70-687 Windows 8 Configuring exam.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and perform the installation of Windows 8.
- Install Windows 8 on computers that are running an existing operating system.
- Configure disks, partitions, volumes, and device drivers in a Windows 8 system.
- Configure network connectivity.
- Install, configure, and maintain wireless network connections.
- Implement Windows 8 technologies to secure network connections.
- Share files and printers.
- Implement tools and technologies that can help secure Windows 8 desktops.
- Configure and control applications in Windows 8.
- Optimize and maintain Windows 8 based computers.
- Configure mobile computer settings and to enable remote access.
- Create and configure virtual machines in Hyper-V for Windows 8 and describe how to use it to support legacy applications.
- Determine how to recover Windows 8 from various failures.
- Describe how to use Windows PowerShell to manage Windows 8.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management
Understanding of the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) components and working knowledge of the fundamentals of Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 fundamentals
Microsoft Windows Client fundamentals; for example, working knowledge of Windows XP, Windows Vista, and/or Windows 7
Fundamentals of management and experience using the Microsoft Office 2010 system or the Microsoft Office 2007 system
Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) components including Windows PE, Windows SIM, VAMT, ImageX, USMT, and DISM concepts and fundamentals
- Module 1: Installing Windows 8
- Module 2: Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 8
- Module 3: Managing Disks and Device Drivers
- Module 4: Configuring and Troubleshooting Network Connections
- Module 5: Implementing Wireless Network Connections
- Module 6: Implementing Network Security
- Module 7: Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 8 Clients
- Module 8: Securing Windows 8 Desktops
- Module 9: Configuring Applications
- Module 10: Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 8 Client Computers
- Module 11: Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access
- Module 12: Implementing Hyper-V
- Module 13: Troubleshooting and Recovering Windows 8
- Module 14: Using Windows PowerShell
About SitesPower Training Institute
Resulting from our proven track record of customer satisfaction, SitesPower has been granted numerous international, elite authorizations and achievements in the short time since launching in 2001, not to mention having our courses Accredited by the Ministry of Education. As an independent training provider, rather than a franchisee, these are true accomplishments. Authorizations include PMI, ILM (UK), Microsoft, RedHat, EC-Council, ITIL (EXIN), City & Guilds, AutoDesk, Adobe & ICDL.See all SitesPower Training Institute courses