- Module 1: Installing Windows 8This module will introduce the student to some new features of Windows 8, provide guidance on installing Windows 8, and introduce them to the Windows 8 licensing environment.
- Module 2: Upgrading and Migrating to Windows 8
- Module 3: Managing Disks and Device Drivers
- Module 4: Configuring and Troubleshooting Network Connections
- Module 5: Implementing Wireless Network Connections
- Module 6: Implementing Network SecurityThis module explains how to formulate a strategy to protect your computers by using User policies, anti-virus software, encrypted network traffic, and other protective measures. It also explains how to optimize the appropriate Windows network security features, such as the Windows Firewall and Windows Defender.
- Module 7: Configuring File Access and Printers on Windows 8 Clients
- Module 8: Securing Windows 8 DesktopsThis module explains the features of Windows 8 that help you maintain a secure computer desktop environment.
- Module 9: Configuring ApplicationsThis module explains how to install and configure applications, which include both desktop apps and Windows Store apps.
- Module 10: Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 8 Client ComputersThis module explains the tools that you can use to determine the source of performance and reliability issues. It also describes the steps to take to improve system performance and reliability.
- Module 11: Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access
- Module 12: Implementing Hyper-VThis module introduces the student to Client Hyper-V in Windows 8, and explains the fundamentals of working with virtual machines in the Client Hyper-V environment.
- Module 13: Troubleshooting and Recovering Windows 8This module explains how to use the included tools to maintain a backup of important data files and additional tools that can help you to recover a computer that will not start, or starts with errors.
- Module 14: Using Windows PowerShellThis module explains how to use Windows PowerShell, its (GUI), and scripting editor to write scripts that automate repetitive tasks, and thereby increase consistency and productivity.
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses