- Duration: 5 Days
This instructor-led course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to configure and manage an Exchange Server 2010 messaging environment. This course does not require previous Exchange Server experience, but does require that students have significant experience in managing Windows Server and Active Directory Services or Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). This course will teach you how to configure Exchange Server 2010, as well as provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help you optimize your Exchange Server deployment.
- Module 1: Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Module 2: Configuring Mailbox Servers
- Module 3: Managing Recipient Objects
- Module 4: Managing Client Access
- Module 5: Managing Message Transport
- Module 6: Implementing Messaging Security
- Module 7: Implementing High Availability
- Module 8: Implementing Backup and Recovery
- Module 9: Configuring Messaging Policy and Compliance
- Module 10: Securing Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Module 11: Maintaining Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
- Module 12: Upgrading from Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010
- Module 13: Implementing Unified Messaging
- Module 14: Advanced Topics in Exchange Server 2010
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have the following prerequisite knowledge:
- Fundamental knowledge of network technologie including Domain Name System (DNS) and firewall technologies.
- Experience with the Windows Server 2003 and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 operating systems.
- Experience with Active Directory Services in Windows Server 2003 or AD DS Windows Server 2008.
- Experience managing backup and restore on Windows Servers.
- Experience using Windows management and monitoring tools such as Microsoft Management Console, Active Directory Users and Computers, Performance Monitor, Event Viewer, and Internet Information Services (IIS) Administrator.
- Experience using Windows networking and troubleshooting tools such as Network Monitor, Telnet, and NSLookup.
- Fundamental knowledge of certificates and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Basic experience with Windows Mobile.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for people aspiring to be enterprise-level messaging administrators. Others who may take this course include IT generalists and help desk professionals who want to learn about Exchange Server 2010. People coming into the course are expected to have at least three years’ experience working in the IT field, typically in the areas of network administration, help desk, or system administration. They are not expected to have experience with previous Exchange Server versions.
About SureSkills Ltd
We have been growing our expertise, service offering and solution delivery for the past two decades. One of the largest IT training companies in Ireland, we deliver our global learning solutions worldwide against a backdrop of integrated learning and consulting experience. Our in-house expertise allows for synergy between our three divisions; training & certification, learning services and consulting and solutions.See all SureSkills Ltd courses