- Locations: Mishref
- Duration: 5 Days
Instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills that are required to manage accounts and resources, maintain server resources, monitor server performance, and safeguard data in a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and R2 environment. This course covers the core skills required by anyone working with Windows Server 2008 Servers.
Candidates for this course are information technology (IT) professionals who work in medium to large organizations. The primary candidate is a Windows Server administrator who operates Windows Servers on a daily basis and who requires the skills for configuring, managing, and maintaining servers installed with Windows Server 2008, including the Release 2 (R2) edition. Candidates are typically responsible for day-to-day management of the server operating system and various server roles such as DHCP, DNS, file and print services, directory services, and software distribution. This course may also be considered in combination with other exam preparation materials for candidates wishing to prepare for MCTS and MCITP certification in Windows Server 2008.
Other candidates for this course include IT Pros with skills within other IT areas or operating systems who wish to gain an insight into Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Windows Server 2008 environment including the roles, features, and the tools used to perform effective server management.
- Manage the DNS and DHCP server infrastructure roles.
- Configure secure and efficient access to file services.
- Configure and manage Distributed File Systems.
- Manage file resources by using File Server Resource Manager.
- Configure and secure Remote Access.
- Manage Active Directory Domain Services.
- Configure Active Directory object administration and Domain Trust.
- Create and manage Group Policy objects.
- Configure user and computer settings by using Group Policy.
- Implement security settings by using Group Policy.
- Provide efficient network access for remote offices.
- Monitor and maintain Windows Server 2008.
- Manage Windows Server 2008 backup, restore, and recovery.
- Module 1: Overview of the Windows Server 2008 Management
- Module 2: Managing Windows Server 2008 Infrastructure Roles
- Module 3: Module 3: Configuring Access to File Services
- Module 4: Configuring and Managing Distributed File System
- Module 5: Managing File Resources by Using File Server Resource Manager
- Module 6: Configuring and Securing Remote Access
- Module 7: Managing Active Directory Domain Services
- Module 8: Configuring Active Directory Object Administration and Domain Trust
- Module 9: Creating and Managing Group Policy Objects
- Module 10: Using Group Policy to Configure User and Computer Settings
- Module 11: Implementing Security Settings Using Group Policy
- Module 14: Managing Windows Server 2008 Backup, Restore, and Recovery
About Nahda Modern Institute
We_They was founded at the beginning of the millennium by a team of enthusiastic IT specialists who wanted to overcome the routine and create a company that would act in the market not only for business success but for the sake of Technology itself. Thus, the mission of the company was defined – to contribute to forward-looking transformation of the society through software development. Over 5 years of work, we have developed a range of solutions and gained ample experience in the services we offer: Custom Software Development, E-commerce Solutions Development, E-learning Solutions Development, Web development, Project Recovery, Consulting, and Quality Assurance.
Our specialists have been providing software development services for multiple clients from India, France and Malaysia, starting from small companies and continuing with very big and well known clients. Over 5 years, we have completed different kinds of projects; and we specialize in automation of business processes used by our clients.See all Nahda Modern Institute courses