- Locations: Mahboula
- Duration: 5 Days
Instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills that are required to manage accounts and resources, maintain server resources, monitor server performance, and safeguard data in a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and R2 environment. This course covers the core skills required by anyone working with Windows Server 2008 Servers.
Candidates for this course are information technology (IT) professionals who work in medium to large organizations. The primary candidate is a Windows Server administrator who operates Windows Servers on a daily basis and who requires the skills for configuring, managing, and maintaining servers installed with Windows Server 2008, including the Release 2 (R2) edition. Candidates are typically responsible for day-to-day management of the server operating system and various server roles such as DHCP, DNS, file and print services, directory services, and software distribution. This course may also be considered in combination with other exam preparation materials for candidates wishing to prepare for MCTS and MCITP certification in Windows Server 2008.
Other candidates for this course include IT Pros with skills within other IT areas or operating systems who wish to gain an insight into Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Windows Server 2008 environment including the roles, features, and the tools used to perform effective server management.
- Manage the DNS and DHCP server infrastructure roles.
- Configure secure and efficient access to file services.
- Configure and manage Distributed File Systems.
- Manage file resources by using File Server Resource Manager.
- Configure and secure Remote Access.
- Manage Active Directory Domain Services.
- Configure Active Directory object administration and Domain Trust.
- Create and manage Group Policy objects.
- Configure user and computer settings by using Group Policy.
- Implement security settings by using Group Policy.
- Provide efficient network access for remote offices.
- Monitor and maintain Windows Server 2008.
- Manage Windows Server 2008 backup, restore, and recovery.
- Module 1: Overview of the Windows Server 2008 Management
- Module 2: Managing Windows Server 2008 Infrastructure Roles
- Module 3: Module 3: Configuring Access to File Services
- Module 4: Configuring and Managing Distributed File System
- Module 5: Managing File Resources by Using File Server Resource Manager
- Module 6: Configuring and Securing Remote Access
- Module 7: Managing Active Directory Domain Services
- Module 8: Configuring Active Directory Object Administration and Domain Trust
- Module 9: Creating and Managing Group Policy Objects
- Module 10: Using Group Policy to Configure User and Computer Settings
- Module 11: Implementing Security Settings Using Group Policy
- Module 14: Managing Windows Server 2008 Backup, Restore, and Recovery
About Nahda International Academy
By keeping pace with the contemporary benchmarks of learning, training and skill development, NAHDA International Academy aims to incorporate the advance employment of the modern day converged technologies to maximize the development of its students. The learning and training is carried out in a manner to ensure the global standards of current era's requirements of education and professionalism. The Academy safeguards the concept of active, creative and interactive learning with the provision of vigorous and productive environment.
To enable its pupils to have a stand-out future and fortune, NAHDA International Academy has collaborated with high ranked Schools, Universities, reputed experts of knowledge and technology, professional trainers and development enthusiasts. The Academy is known for its quality education and innovative environment enriched with passion and inventiveness. The educating process is carried out in a way that empowers the individual to exhibit his/her very potential by protecting that individual's unique pattern of thinking and creations.
To meet the present day demands of integrated world and education, NAHDA International Academy has partnered with the world class Universities and institutions around the world including the universities of United Kingdom, United States of America, Europe, Asia and Africa e.g. Frederick University, London School of Marketing, The University of Northampton, The University of Bedfordshire, Atlantic International University, EduQual, Excel High School, Alliance International University This attribute of NAHDA International Academy contributes to be the reason of it managing to stand tall in the highly competitive environment in the region.