This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to configure and troubleshoot a Windows Sever 2008 network infrastructure. Students will learn to implement and configure secure network access and implement fault tolerant storage technologies. Students will gain an understanding of the network technologies most commonly used with Windows Server 2008 and IP-enabled networks. Students will also learn how to secure servers and maintain update compliance.
The primary audience for this course includes Active Directory technology specialists aspiring to be Enterprise Administrators (Tier 4 day-to-day network operations) or Network Administrators (Tier 2). Experienced Server Administrators aspiring to be Enterprise Administrators would also benefit from this course.
The secondary audience for this course includes Storage Area Network Administrators who need to understand this information to deploy or extend their current storage infrastructure. Operations Managers who need this information to support troubleshooting efforts and business decisions would also benefit from this course.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Install and configure servers.
• Configure and troubleshoot DNS.
• Configure and manage WINS.
• Configure and troubleshoot DHCP.
• Configure and troubleshoot IPv6 TCP/IP.
• Configure and troubleshoot Routing and Remote Access.
• Install, configure, and troubleshoot the Network Policy Server Role service.
• Configure Network Access Protection.
• Configure IPsec.
• Monitor and troubleshoot IPsec.
• Configure and manage Distributed File System.
• Configure and manage storage technologies.
• Configure availability of network resources and content.
• Configure server security compliance.
Before attending this course, students must have:
• Working experience with Windows Server 2003.
• Basic knowledge of Active Directory.
• An understanding of security concepts and methodologies (for example, corporate policies).
• Basic knowledge of DHCP.
• Basic knowledge of IPsec.
- Module 1: Installing and Configuring Servers
- Module 2: Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS
- Module 3: Configuring and Managing WINS
- Module 4: Configuring and Troubleshooting DHCP
- Module 5: Configuring and Troubleshooting IPv6 TCP/IP
- Module 6: Configuring and Troubleshooting Routing and Remote Access
- Module 7: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role Service
- Module 8: Configuring Network Access Protection
- Module 9: Configuring IPsec
- Module 10: Monitoring and Troubleshooting IPsec
- Module 11: Configuring and Managing Distributed File System
- Module 12: Configuring and Managing Storage Technologies
- Module 13: Configuring Availability of Network Resources and Content
- Module 14: Configuring Server Security Compliance
About SitesPower Training Institute
Resulting from our proven track record of customer satisfaction, SitesPower has been granted numerous international, elite authorizations and achievements in the short time since launching in 2001, not to mention having our courses Accredited by the Ministry of Education. As an independent training provider, rather than a franchisee, these are true accomplishments. Authorizations include PMI, ILM (UK), Microsoft, RedHat, EC-Council, ITIL (EXIN), City & Guilds, AutoDesk, Adobe & ICDL.See all SitesPower Training Institute courses