- Duration 40 Hours
- Locations Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
This instructor-led course teaches students how to install, configure, and administer Microsoft SharePoint and also how to manage and monitor sites and users by using Microsoft SharePoint 2010. It will also cover the new features and functionality introduced with SharePoint 2010 Sp1 as well as Offices 365's SharePoint Online.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2003 or 2008 administrators and are interested in learning how to administer SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint Online. The course is also intended for part-time Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in administering Line of Business (LOB) applications in conjunction with internal business customers.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Administering Active Directory by creating and managing user and group accounts, delegation of administration, and configuring Group Policy
- Administering network infrastructure—DNS and TCP/IP connectivity
- General conceptual awareness of Microsoft .NET Framework as it relates to SharePoint 2010
- Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008 through creating logons, assigning roles and using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- One year’s experience using Windows PowerShell cmdlets
- General security and authentication practices
- Module 1: Introducing Microsoft SharePoint 2010This module provides an overview of SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online. It will prepare students for the installation of the first server in a SharePoint 2010 farm and give details on SharePoint 2010 Sp1 and SharePoint Online.Lessons
- Module 2: Creating a SharePoint 2010 IntranetThis module covers creating a SharePoint 2010 Intranet and shows students how to configure and administer the fundamental components of a SharePoint farm, including its configuration, logical structure, user-facing features, and underlying engine.Lessons
- Module 3: Administering and Automating SharePointThis module covers Administering and Automating SharePoint. It covers how to apply the full range of options for administering and automating SharePoint—Central Administration, STSADM, and PowerShell. The module also introduces students to the logs.Lessons
- Module 4: Configuring Content ManagementThis module covers Configuring Content Management. It explains to students how to manage content (lists, libraries, items and documents).Lessons
- Module 5: Configuring Authentication
- Module 6: Securing ContentThis module details how to manage security of SharePoint content within a Web application.Lessons
- Module 7: Managing SharePoint CustomizationsThis module enables students to manage customizations to the SharePoint environment.Lessons
- Module 8: Configuring and Securing SharePoint Services and Service ApplicationsThis module shows students how to manage the SharePoint service as a whole, as well as individual services and service applicationsLessons
- Module 9: User Profiles and Social NetworkingThis module describes how to manage user profiles, My Sites, and social content.Lessons
- Module 10: Administering and Configuring SharePoint SearchThis module discusses how to administer and configure SharePoint Search.Lessons
- Module 11: Implementing Productivity Service ApplicationsThis module enables students to configure specific service applications.Lessons
- Module 12: Installing and Upgrading to SharePoint 2010This module teaches students how to install and upgrade to SharePoint 2010 in a variety of scenarios, and to keep SharePoint 2010 currentLessons
- Module 13: Implementing Business Continuity
- Module 14: Monitoring and Optimizing SharePoint PerformanceThis module shows students how to monitor SharePoint performance, health, and usage, and to identify and remediate performance and health problems.Lessons
- Module 15: SharePoint Online and Office 365This module covers implementing sand administering Office 365 and SharePoint OnlineLessons
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses