- Duration: 5 Days
Reinforced concrete structures are widely used in industrial sector special in oil and gas field for onshore.
Therefore, the basis of design for concrete structure for strength , serviceability and robustness will be discussed in scope of codes concept. So ACI, BS, UBC and ASCE will be discussed in scope of practical wise to use the suitable design method to serve our business safety and operability.
The objective of this course is to train engineers to be familiar with using American Concrete Institute Standard (ACI) and British standard (BS). The concept and basics of codes and standard will be introduced concerning the probability of failure specifically in ACI and BS.
The course will cover the basis of design for retaining wall, liquid tanks, foundation under machines and foundation under steel tanks, separator, KOD. Moreover, the key steps in design and review design will be illustrated.
- This short course is intended to overview modern and effective procedures for the design for reinforced concrete structures in oil and gas industry.
- The course will be containing extensive workshop as a hand calculation for reinforced concrete elements which use in oil and gas industry as pipe rack and ring beam under steel tanks in plant process.
- This course will increase the knowledge and assist in using new tools for designing and reviewing the design for new project or modify the existing one.
- Moreover, the design of foundation under all types of vibrating equipment will cover in this course to enable the attendees design or review design the foundation.
- For those engineers with limited practical experience the course will illustration of real design issues that may assist the designer to provide concrete structure that is safe, economical and constructible.
- The rule of thumb to check the concrete design with associated check list will deliver.
- The course will be started from the basics to ensure the full participation of all attendees.
The Core Competencies
- In all the universities and civil engineering faculty presents the civil and structure design based on the main principal and usually the application on the normal housing.
- In the industrial projects the application is different so this course will fit the gap between the normal knowledge and the professionalism for industrial in general and specific for oil and gas projects.
The Programme Content
- The fundamental of concrete technology
- Basic concept of concrete design
- Main features for ACI and BS for concrete design
- Effect of different loads on the building
- Earthquake , wind load effect
- Loads affect pipe rack, static equipment and tanks foundations
- Principal, limitations for different codes in concrete (ACI, BS codes)
- Codes and standards Philosophy
- Principal of concrete design and precaution
- Different structure systems
- Different slab types
- The way to use the suitable structure system
- Design of slab, beam and columns
- Pipeline support design
- Checklist to review the design
- Soil investigation
- Shallow foundation design philosophy
- Pile foundation design philosophy
- Foundation under machines design
- Checklist to review foundation under rotating equipment
- Precaution in design foundation under vibrating machines
- Pipe rack configuration
- Pipe rack design
- Retaining walls design principals
- Load and forced in retaining walls
- Retaining walls design checks
- Design for reinforced concrete liquid tanks
- Structure system for concrete tanks
- Circular and rectangular tank
- Principal Design for ring beam for steel tanks
- Integrity and maintenance management system principal
About Petro Training - Malaysia
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.See all Petro Training - Malaysia courses