- Phone / Email
- Class Time
- Class Location
- Office Hours
- Teaching Assistant
- C++ Programming: Program Design Including Data Structures, Sixth
- Edition, D.S. Malik, Course Technology, Cengage Learning, 2013.
- Starting Out with C++: Early Objects, Seventh Edition, Tony Gaddis, Judy
- Walters, and Godfrey Muganda, Pearson, 2011.
An introductory course in computerized problem solving using a structured programming language using C++. Topics include data types, I/O streams, text files, selection structure, loops, functions, and arrays.
- ENGL 098 or ENGL 100/110/112 or English Level 3,4,4A
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe basic components of C++ programs. [ABET c]
- Apply programming structures and techniques to solve simple problems. [ABET b, c, i]
- Use a development tool to compile, run, test and debug computer programs. (Lab) [ABET c, i]
About Gulf University for Science & Technology
In the mid-1990s, a group of distinguished Kuwaiti academicians and businessmen realized the vital importance of establishing a modern university in Kuwait equal in quality to other prestigious universities abroad and to serve the ever-increasing educational demands of the local society and the Gulf region. Its primary purpose was to prepare generations of young leaders and professionals for the demands of a new global technological era.
In January 1997, Kuwaiti Academic Group, comprised of 41 faculty members from Kuwait University, was established to lay the foundation for the proposed "University of the Future." Their studies culminated in the vision of "Gulf University for Science and Technology" (GUST).zSee all Gulf University for Science & Technology courses