The medical environment is an ever-changing and dynamic field. Working in the medical office industry requires medical knowledge, organizational and business skills.
Learn about greeting patients, booking appointments, writing correspondence, communicating with physicians and patients, updating charts and medical records, maintaining medical supply inventory, banking and payroll, as well as filing, photocopying, and faxing. You will learn the skills needed to complete these tasks in a timely and efficient manner. You will also explore issues of confidentiality, drug handling and prescription medicines.
This course includes computer competency exercises, you will also gain the added advantage of learning the “soft skills" employers seek out in their best employees, such as, self-discipline, organization, time management and multi-tasking.
To be a successful in a medical environment you need to understand the language of medicine.
Learn the importance of pronunciation and spelling of medical terms. Understanding new words can be easier than it seems. Many medical terms are made up of interchangeable word parts. You will learn to breakdown complex terms into word parts.
Explore the basics of diagnostic and examination procedures. A foundation in laboratory tests, imaging techniques and pharmacology is also included.
Is it right for me?
- Administrative Assistant
- Hospital Ward/Unit Clerk
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Records Clerk
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Support Staff
- Patient Representative
What will I learn?
- Digital Literacy Introducing a World of Technology
- The Internet; Accessing, Searching, Sharing, and Communicating
- Computers and Mobile Devices; Evaluating the Possibilities
- Operating Systems; Managing, Coordinating, and Monitoring Resources
- A Career as an Administrative Medical Assistant
- The Health Care Environment
- Medicolegal and Ethical Responsibilities
- The Art of Communication
- The Receptionist and Medical Office Environment
- Telephone Procedures
- Filing Procedures
- Medical Records
- Drug and Prescription Records
- Written Correspondence
- Processing Mail and Telecommunications
- Fees, Credit and Collection, Banking
- Health Insurance and Systems
- Procedural and Diagnostic Coding
- Office Managerial Responsibilities
- Financial Management of the Medical Practice
- Seeking a Position as an Administrative Medical Assistant
- Summary and Future Health Care Trends
- Introduction to Medical Terminology
- The Human Body in Health and Disease
- The Skeletal System
- The Muscular System
- The Cardiovascular System
- The Lymphatic and Immune Systems
- The Respiratory System
- The Digestive System
- The Urinary System
- The Nervous System
- Special Senses: The Eyes and Ears
- The Integumentary System
- The Endocrine System
- The Reproductive System
- Diagnostic Procedures, Nuclear Medicine, and Pharmacology
- Comprehensive Medical Terminology Review
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses