An introduction to assembly language including data representation, data storage, arithmetic, control flow, integers and character I/O, stacks, and procedures.
At the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate different ways of data representation in computers. [ABET a]
- Describe basic microcomputer components and the input/output system. [ABET a]
- Describe the basic elements of assembly language including addressing modes. [ABET a]
- Analyze, design, implement and test assembly language programs. [ABET c]
- Use tools to implement and debug assembly language programs. (Lab) [ABET i]
- Work effectively in a team. (Lab) [ABET d]
- Communicate effectively. (Lab) [ABET f]
About Gulf University for Science & Technology
In the mid-1990s, a group of distinguished Kuwaiti academicians and businessmen realized the vital importance of establishing a modern university in Kuwait equal in quality to other prestigious universities abroad and to serve the ever-increasing educational demands of the local society and the Gulf region. Its primary purpose was to prepare generations of young leaders and professionals for the demands of a new global technological era.
In January 1997, Kuwaiti Academic Group, comprised of 41 faculty members from Kuwait University, was established to lay the foundation for the proposed "University of the Future." Their studies culminated in the vision of "Gulf University for Science and Technology" (GUST).zSee all Gulf University for Science & Technology courses