This diploma program prepares students for a career in software development. The program also specializes in program development strategies (using object-oriented modelling), database design and database administration.
In the nal year, students participate in a program-culminating real-world team project exploring emerging technologies. Due to the constantly evolving nature of the information technology (IT) environment, the program places emphasis on preparing students to become independent learners.
Students have access to modern computing facilities, such as Windows and Linux-based workstations, linked in an internal wireless network with access to the Internet.
This program is a Mobile Computing Program. Students entering into the program are expected to have and use a laptop or mobile computing device that meets or exceeds the recommended hardware requirements as designated by the program. Students in mobile learning programs will use their devices to enhance their learning experience, obtain and work with course materials, participate in collaborative and M-learning environments and become skilled, condent users of the technologies used within an educational environment and workplace. Hardware and software specications will be outlined.
This program is well-suited for students who:
- Enjoy solving problems.
- Our life-long learners, as it is critical to meet the challenges presented by rapid changing technology.
- Take pleasure in providing assistance to others (build computer systems to meet their needs).
- Like working with others as a member of a team.
- Can work independently.
- Are organized in their work and pay attention to detail.
Graduates may nd a variety of employment opportunities as applications programmers and systems analysts who can work independently and as part of a team to analyze, design, code, debug, test, implement and maintain application systems. Training in web programming, business programming, database design and database administration may also present job opportunities in those areas. Employment may be found in organizations of all sizes in both the public and private sectors.
Programs are delivered using a variety of instruction modes. Courses may be offered in the classroom or lab, or in a hybrid mode which combines classroom sessions with online learning activities. Upon registration, each full-time student is provided an email account which is used to communicate important information about program or course events.
- Computer Essentials
- Networking Basics
- ]Introduction to Computer Programming
- Introduction to Database Systems
- Achieving Success in Changing Environments
- Database Systems
- Operating System Fundamentals (Linux)
- Object-Oriented Programming (Java)
- Web Programming
- Communications I
- General Education Elective
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Graphical Interface Programming (C#)
- Object-Oriented Programming with Design Patterns
- Technical Communication for Engineering Technologies
Elective: choose 1
- Advanced Database Topics
- Enterprise Application Programming
- Programming Laguage Research Project
- Software Development Project
- General Education Elective
About Algonquin College Kuwait
Algonquin College – Kuwait (AC-Kuwait) is a branch Campus of Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology, a highly respected and internationally recognized Canadian College. The Campus is conveniently located in Al Naseem (just off the 6th ring road) and will offer quality programs that are recognized around the world. It will include practical labs and new learning techniques that will enable you to get involved, so you can learn the skills you need to succeed in today’s high-tech environmentSee all Algonquin College Kuwait courses