- Locations: Mubarak Al-Abdullah
- Duration: 15 Weeks
Digital data communication systems in hardware and software, synchronous and asynchronous communication, standards, protocols, network configurations, network applications.
CSC 313 and MATH 221
After successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- List and explain the ISO OSI Reference Model and the TCP/IP model. [ABET a].
- Explain roles of repeaters, bridges, routers and switches in networks and internetworks, including the Internet. [ABET a, b].
- Quantify the behavior of simple protocol scenarios, and compare and contrast the performance of link-layer reliability protocols under varying error conditions. [ABET a, b, i, j].
- Describe the distinctive roles of network hardware, software, and protocols in practical systems, and how LANs and MANs are composed to form the Internet. [ABET a, b, h, i].
- Identify the key design parameters regarding data link, network routing and transport layer protocols. [ABET a, j].
- Build client-server programs of small size by using network socket programming interface. [ABET i].
- Describe the basic architecture of wireless network including mobility and its applications such as GSM, UMTS, WiMax, Wi-Fi, CDMA, and WCDMA.[ABET a].
About Gulf University for Science & Technology
In the mid-1990s, a group of distinguished Kuwaiti academicians and businessmen realized the vital importance of establishing a modern university in Kuwait equal in quality to other prestigious universities abroad and to serve the ever-increasing educational demands of the local society and the Gulf region. Its primary purpose was to prepare generations of young leaders and professionals for the demands of a new global technological era.
In January 1997, Kuwaiti Academic Group, comprised of 41 faculty members from Kuwait University, was established to lay the foundation for the proposed "University of the Future." Their studies culminated in the vision of "Gulf University for Science and Technology" (GUST).zSee all Gulf University for Science & Technology courses