- Duration: 40 Hours
Course detailsThe student will describe the major networking technologies, systems, skills, and tools in use in modern networks. Taking this course will help the student prepare for the N10-005 exam and certification.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- - Identify the basic components of network theory.
- - Identify the major network communications methods.
- - Identify network data delivery methods.
- - List and describe network media and hardware components.
- - Identify the major types of network implementations.
- - Identify the components of a TCP/IP network implementation.
- - Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- - Identify characteristics of a variety of network protocols.
- - Identify the components of a LAN implementation.
- - Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
- - Identify major issues and technologies in network security.
- - Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- - Identify major issues and technologies in disaster recovery.
- - Identify major data storage technologies and implementations.
- - Identify the primary network operating systems.
- - Identify major issues, models, tools, and techniques in network troubleshooting.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will learn:
• Identify the basic components of network theory.
• Identify the major network communications methods.
• Identify network data delivery methods.
• List and describe network media and hardware components.
• Identify the major types of network implementations.
• Identify the components of a TCP/IP network implementation.
• Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
• Identify characteristics of a variety of network protocols.
• Identify the components of a LAN implementation.
• Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
• Identify major issues and technologies in network security.
• Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
• Identify major issues and technologies in disaster recovery.
• Identify major data storage technologies and implementations.
• Identify the primary network operating systems.
• Identify major issues, models, tools, and techniques in network troubleshooting.
About this Course
Lesson 1: Network Theory
• Networking Terminology
• Network Categories
• Standard Network Models
• Physical Network Topologies
• Logical Network Topologies
Lesson 2: Network Communications Methods
• Data Transmission Methods
• Media Access Methods
• Signaling Methods
Lesson 3: Network Media and Hardware
• Bounded Network Media
• Unbounded Network Media
• Noise Control
• Network Connectivity Devices
Lesson 4: Network Implementations
• Ethernet Networks
• Wireless Networks
Lesson 5: Networking Models
• The OSI Model
• The TCP/IP Model
Lesson 6: TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
• The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
• IP Addressing
• Default IP Addressing Schemes
• Create Custom IP Addressing Schemes
• Implement IPv6 Addresses
• Delivery Techniques
Lesson 7: TCP/IP Services
• Assign IP Addresses
• Domain Naming Services
• TCP/IP Commands
• Common TCP/IP Protocols
• TCP/IP Interoperability Services
Lesson 8: LAN Infrastructure
• Enable Static Routing
• Implement Dynamic IP Routing
• Virtual LANs
• Plan a SOHO Network
Lesson 9: WAN Infrastructure
• WAN Transmission Technologies
• WAN Connectivity Methods
• Voice over Data Transmission
Lesson 10: Remote Networking
• Remote Network Architectures
• Remote Access Networking Implementations
• Virtual Private Networking
• VPN Protocols
Lesson 11: System Security
• Computer Security Basics
• System Security Tools
• Authentication Methods
• Encryption Methods
Lesson 12: Network Security
• Network Perimeter Security
• Intrusion Detection and Prevention
• Protect Network Traffic Using IPSec
Lesson 13: Network Security Threats and Attacks
• Network-Based Security Threats and Attacks
• Apply Threat Mitigation Techniques
• Educate Users
Lesson 14: Network Management
• Network Monitoring
• Configuration Management Documentation
• Network Performance Optimization
Lesson 15: Network Troubleshooting
• Network Troubleshooting Models
• Network Troubleshooting Utilities
• Hardware Troubleshooting Tools
• Common Connectivity Issues
Eligibility / Requirements
• CompTIA A+ Certification • Using Microsoft Windows 8 • Windows 8 Transition from Windows 7
Job titles this course is suitable for
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware , software , and operating systems to prepare for the CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-005) , or who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration. A typical student taking the CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-005) course should have a minimum of nine months or more of professional computer support experience as a PC or help desk technician. Networking experience is helpful but not mandatory; A+ certification or equivalent skills and knowledge is helpful but not mandatory.
About Khawarizmi Training Solutions
Established in 1985, the Continuing Education Center (CEC) at Al Khawarizmi International College (KIC), now known as Khawarizmi Training Solutions (KTS) is a leading provider of training and professional development programs for individuals and corporate groups in the U.A.E. Continuing Education Center (CEC) at KIC offers a wide range of courses in the fields of IT, Business, and English. It is licensed by the Abu Dhabi Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (ACTVET). Through challenging training courses, KTS Center contributes to the advancement and transformation of the UAE into a more skilled, diverse, and knowledge-based community. In turn, this raises the standards and the quality of life of our students and improves our community. Both individuals and industry professionals benefit from the high standards and good reputation of the KTS.See all Khawarizmi Training Solutions courses
- Software Defined Networking - OCSA Pytriot Solutions LLPDuration: 16 Hours Live virtual classroom
- Diploma in Cloud Computing Course Gate
USD 221Duration: Upto 7 Hours
- Software Defined WAN - Viptela, Versa, VeloCloud, Silverpeak Pytriot Solutions LLPDuration: 5 Days Live virtual classroom
- IoT System Administrator Pytriot Solutions LLPDuration: 48 Hours Live virtual classroom