This course is aimed at Linux Professionals with six months of experience with the Linux operating system. It covers basic installation, operating, and troubleshooting services for the Linux operating system and hardware on workstations and servers. Basic system administration tasks are also covered.
To ensure your success, we recommend you first have the following experience:
If you are planning on taking the CompTIA Linux+ exam, it is recommended that you have six months of experience with the Linux operating system and have taken the following course and exam:
• A+ Certification: Core Hardware
• Define and identify origins, benefits, drawbacks, and uses of the Linux operating system.
• Log in and enter commands on your Linux system.
• Properly shut down and restart your Linux workstation and use LILO to start your Linux workstation.
• Create and configure users and groups.
• Manage the filesystem.
• Manage rights to files and directories.
• Use Linux text editors and redirection to create and modify files.
• Archive files with tar, cpio, and other commands.
• Work in the X Window environment.
• Manage print services.
• Add and update packages through package management utilities.
• Configure the Linux environment.
• Multitask commands and manage multitasking.
• Configure and manage services.
• Configure network services.
• Work with hardware.
• Troubleshoot Linux systems.
• Prepare for Linux system installation.
• Install a custom Linux installation.
- Lesson 1: History and Development of Linux
- Lesson 2: System Access
- Lesson 3: Starting and Stopping Linux
- Lesson 4: User Accounts
- Lesson 5: Introduction to the Filesystem
- Lesson 6: Working with Linux Permissions
- Lesson 7: Creating and Viewing Files
- Lesson 8: Archiving Files
- Lesson 9: Working in X Windows
- Lesson 10: Printing Files
- Lesson 11: Package Management
- Lesson 12: Configuring the Linux Environment
- Lesson 13: Multitasking
- Lesson 14: Configuring and Managing Services
- Lesson 15: Managing Network Services
- Lesson 16: Working with Hardware
- Lesson 17: Troubleshooting Linux Systems
- Lesson 18: Preparing for a Linux Installation
- Lesson 19: Installing Red Hat Linux 7.0 Using the Workstation Class
- Lesson 20: Installing Red Hat Linux 7.0 with the Custom Class
- Appendix A: The KDE QuickStart Guide
- Appendix B: Online Resources for Supporting Linux
- Appendix C: Mapping Element K's Linux Certification Course to the Exam Blue Print
About SitesPower Training Institute
Resulting from our proven track record of customer satisfaction, SitesPower has been granted numerous international, elite authorizations and achievements in the short time since launching in 2001, not to mention having our courses Accredited by the Ministry of Education. As an independent training provider, rather than a franchisee, these are true accomplishments. Authorizations include PMI, ILM (UK), Microsoft, RedHat, EC-Council, ITIL (EXIN), City & Guilds, AutoDesk, Adobe & ICDL.See all SitesPower Training Institute courses