- Duration: 3 Days
In this course students will install, upgrade, repair, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance on basic personal computer hardware and operating systems.
Who Should Attend
The target student is anyone with basic computer user skills and essential computer support skills and knowledge (such as describing personal computer hardware components; installing and configuring peripherals, input devices, laptop components, and operating systems; performing basic troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance; describing basic networking and security concepts; performing basic safety and environmental procedures; and using appropriate communication skills) who is interested in obtaining a job as an IT professional or PC technician. In addition, this course will help prepare students to achieve a CompTIA A+ Certification.
- Lesson 1: Installing and Configuring System Components
- Lesson 2: Troubleshooting System Components
- Lesson 3: Maintaining and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows
- Lesson 5: Installing and Managing Network Connections
- Lesson 6: Supporting Laptops and Portable Computing Devices
- Lesson 7: Supporting Printers
- Lesson 8: Personal Computer Security Concepts
- Lesson 9: Supporting Personal Computer Security