The CompTIA A+ certificate prepares delegates to enter the market at PC Technician level with an industry recognized qualification.The CompTIA A+ certification is the industry standard for validating vendor-neutral skills expected for an entry level computer technician and is also a prerequisite for many Microsoft Technical Certifications.
- CompTIA A+ Essentials
- CompTIA A+ 220-602 (IT Technician)
By the end of this course you will be able to :
Identify types and characteristics of PC components, including motherboard, CPU, memory, and storage, input, and output devices.
- Install and configure peripheral devices.
- Identify types and characteristics of portable computers.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows 2000 and Microsoft Windows XP.
- Perform basic PC maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Understand fundamental principles of securing IT systems and working safely.
- Communicate effectively with customers.
- Install and configure print and imaging devices.
- Understand fundamental principles of implementing LANs and internet access.
- Measure and describe the characteristics of electricity; understand and follow sage practices when. Working with electricity; describe the purpose and features of power supplies, and install a new. Power supply into a PC; install power conditioning equipment and configure systems to minimize. Power consumption; and troubleshoot fault power.
- Describe the function and features of CPUs; describe the techniques used to cool CPUs and other PC components; describe motherboards and identify the typical components they contain; install aCPU onto a motherboard and install a motherboard into a case; and identify the symptoms of probable causes of, and potential solutions to motherboard- and CPU-related problems.
- Describe the function of memory and describe various amounts of memory; differentiate between different types of memory chips; install RAM into a system while handling it properly and meeting your PC installation requirements; test memory with a memory-testing application; and troubleshoot memory problems.
- Define interrupt, IRQ, I/O address, DMA, and base memory address, and describe how those resources are involved with device interaction with system resources; install and configure an expansion card, laptop expansion devices, and legacy expansion adapters; and troubleshoot expansion-card problems.
- Install hard drives into a PC; partition and format drives to prepare them for use; install and use optical drives and discs; install floppy drives and use floppy disks to store data; connect, use, and troubleshoot USB and FireWire external drives; describe, install, use, and troubleshoot tape drives and backup and restore data.
- Identify features of dot-matrix printers; install, use, and troubleshoot inkjet printers and laser printers; identify other printer types; identify steps in the Windows printing process and configure a Windows printer; identify printer options and upgrades; install scanners; and troubleshoot scanner problems.
- Describe, install, and troubleshoot CRT and LCD displays; and troubleshoot and maintain display devices.
- Identify features of, use of, and ways to troubleshoot problems with laptop and notebook computers; replace internal components in a notebook computer; and identify features of, connect, and troubleshoot handheld computer devices.
- Manage directories and files; monitor and manage the operating system monitor events on the computer; and manage the Registry.
Premiere Training and Consulting established and since then it has had a noticeably big impact on the Training and Development industry. This is primarily attributed to the fact that it has been excellence-driven right from the start. This is reflected in the company’s relentless efforts to attain accreditation from the most prestigious academic education institutions worldwide to ensure quality learning to its seekers.
Premier’s success in attaining accreditation was not granted until all its offered courses has been assured that they meet the standards of course design, delivery and monitoring set by those international accreditation bodies. This success is not only due to our accreditation status, nor the way They structure and deliver our courses, but also our people, and our guiding principles.
The professional learning solutions that They offer are geared towards achieving the best return on investment for inpiduals and organizations.
Our training can be pided into the following key learning portfolios:
- International Vocational Qualifications and Certifications,
- Business and Management,
- Soft Skills and Personal Growth Development,
- Sales and Marketing,
- Education Development,
- English Language,
- Information Technology.
"The achievement credentials offered to participants vary betTheyen awards, certificates of achievement, and professional diplomas."
Premier has Theyll understood the urgent instant need for professional development in the fast-paced world that They live in which has shaped its training materials and methods. They offer the best off-the-shelf courses as Theyll as customized material based on the customers’ business needs reached through professional needs analysis that the company insists on running before taking on any project. Also, our training methods vary; they include extended trainings, a few-days/hours workshops, on-the-job training, and one-on-one training as Theyll. Whatever the training is and hoTheyver it is delivered, all the customers’ needs and the learners’ learning styles are closely met.See all Premier Training & Consulting courses