- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Nasr City
- Explain what competency based interviewing is.
- Demonstrate the appreciation for the success of competency based interviewing
- Develop skills and action plan for implementation in their own job situations
- Develop an understanding on mentoring and coaching concepts and dovetail
- people development initiatives to align appropriately with individual employee gaps
All interviewers over a period pick up some ideas about the interviewing process. This session would clarify the myths that one has about this expensive process and once clarified, how effective a tool it can be. The session would also arrive at an agenda, for the next session, to address and bring out certain live issues simmering in the minds of participants, to work during the program.
- What is an interview?
- What is not an interview?
- What is competency?
- What is an interview as we practice mock interview?
The participants will acquire a conceptual understanding about the competency focus, as an emerging job need. This session will also focus on, what to seek in an interview, what process to adopt and how to prepare oneself for this, clarification on core competencies, functional competent methods of identifying competencies will also be covered.
- Understanding the behavioral interview process
- Learning to identify data on competencies
- Objectives of an interview & planning for it
- Important focus issues
- Structure of an interview
- Details of competency based interview process
- Post interview activities
- Planning for an Interview - An Exercise
- Conceive an organization and a position in the organization
- Spell out the job specification
- Draw out the competencies required to perform the job
- Critical success factors
- Framing of question and probes
This session will build the requisite skills to conduct competency based interview through experiential learning. The participants will get to experiment the process with tools and guidance so as to familiarize themselves with the techniques and translate the same to their work place.
- Process experience of competency based interview to be captured on video/audio.
- Replay a sample interview identify relevant data.
- Relate to identified competencies for decision making.
This session will enable the participants to understand the concepts of mentoring and coaching such as to apply the same to employee development situations. The participant will align the previous learning of competency assessment to situations of performance assessment and development initiatives.
- Differentiate coaching and mentoring.
- Understand the importance of various questioning techniques and their application.
- Relate the questioning techniques to application through role play process.
The deliverable and translation of the learning for tomorrows' work situation use.
Tips and tools to face familiar / likely issues in work situations and clarification on doubts and queries.
- Feedback and analysis.
- Certain frequently asked questions by the interviewee.
- Certain frequently asked questions by the interviewer.
Ministry of Planning and Administrative Reform is the prime champion to support the foundation & establishment of the We_They.
The We_They of the Arab Republic of Egypt has been established with a mind set to be a Regional Development Consultant & an implementation arm in the areas of human capital development, administrative capacities development & information technology professional services.
We_They operates as a profit oriented organization while promoting Excellence within the government, private sector’s and the entire MENA region. We_They has established strong ties and relationships with accredited organizations and specialized entities that are internationally recognized. Such network of relations, complements We_They offerings with a wide spectrum of products, services & knowhow's that can be delivered to serve the performance improvement cause of businesses & e-government essentials / capacities (equally).See all National Management Institute courses