- Locations: New Cairo City
- Duration: TBA
- Layered Architecture of Communication Systems Layers, services and protocols
- Transmission and Switching. Network Types Access networks, core networks
- Network Topologies Basic topologies (mesh, star, bus, ring, tree), hierarchical topologies, intra- and inter- domain topologies
- Numbering and Addressing Schemes Telephone system numbering, Internet addressing, hierarchical and flat addresses, address resolution
- Switching Techniques Circuit switching, message / packet / cell switching Signalling and routing Signalling systems, routing methods for circuit and packet switching
- Connection Concepts Connectionless and connection oriented communication.
About German University in Cairo (GUC)
The German University in Cairo, GUC, is an Egyptian Private University founded by the presidential decree 27/2002, according to the law number 101/1992 and its executive regulations number 355/1996.
German university in Cairo/Deutsche Universität in Kairo has been established in 2002 in cooperation with the State Universities of Ulm and Stuttgart, under the patronage of the Egyptian Ministry of Higher Education, the Ministry of Science, Research and Arts, State of Baden- Württemberg, Germany, and supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Embassy in Cairo, the Arab/German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (AHK), the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Germany, The State University of Tübingen and The State University of Mannheim.
The German University in Cairo is an independent, non-profit oriented Egyptian private institution, managed by a consortium of Germans and Egyptians with the vision of building a leading center of excellence in teaching and research that will effectively contribute to the general welfare nationally and internationally and endeavour the scientific, technical, economic and cultural cooperation between Egypt and Germany.See all German University in Cairo (GUC) courses