- Locations: Downtown Dubai
- Duration: 5 Days
- Call: +971 4 2753240
It has been said that all business is a conversation, and that it is the ability of people at all levels in an organisation to create and maintain a rich conversation with each other and with other businesses that ultimately creates business success. That "conversation" relies on excellent communication skills. The best and most charismatic leaders are abundantly skilled communicators, able to coordinate and lead their teams because they create an environment in which others genuinely want to work. The best and most skilled coordinators are able to manage time, people and priorities, influence at all levels, and still display a sense of leadership which makes others want to follow them.
By the end of the programme delegates will:
- Have raised their self-awareness to understand their strengths and skills gaps as leaders and coordinators
- Have learnt practical ways of addressing their skills gaps
- Understand the subjective experience of others and how to respond to it
- Be able to demonstrate advanced communication skills, both verbally and non-verbally
- Be able to coordinate people, events and projects with confidence
- Be able to manage time and teams effectively
- Understand what motivates people at work and how to increase their motivation
- Be aware of the latest leadership theories and their practical application in the workplace
Throughout the course, we use accelerated learning techniques to aid learning and foster recall. Our methodology incorporates forums, business games, small group activities, reflective periods, facilitated plenary discussions and presentations. The focus is very much on experiential learning - by engaging all their senses, delegates are able to learn more effectively. Everything the delegates learn will be based on proven principles and leading edge theories drawn from a range of disciplines, including psychology, management and leadership best practice, NLP, anthropology and linguistics. Many of the activities will allow delegates to share their real working experiences and thus learn from each other.
Delegates will develop enriched communication skills which they can use both in their working and personal lives. They will understand at a deep level the need for and practical skills of, the effective coordinator and charismatic leader.
Tradition has it that leadership comes from hierarchical position. In reality, leadership is more a reflection of mindset, and natural leaders will emerge at all levels of an organisation. Delegates returning from this course will have developed an understanding of the mindset of the effective leader and learnt practical techniques to develop their coordination and leadership skills back in the workplace. Effective leadership and coordination boosts workplace morale and spawns productivity. Whether or not the delegates are considered "leaders" within their organisational hierarchy, their ability to coordinate events, people and projects will have significant impact on the productivity both of the delegates and of their teams.
The Core Competencies
- Enhanced communication skills for leadership and influence
- Coordination skills - time, people and projects
- Understanding and application of emotional intelligence in leadership
- Motivating others
- Personal impact and influence
The Programme Content
Who do you think you are?
- Personal profiling
- Assessing your current leadership style
- Assessing your abilities as a coordinator
- Your preferred team role
- Your own communication style
Enriching Your Communication Skills
- Subjective experience and communication
- Advanced language patterns for influence
- Questioning and listening skillfully
- Motivation and behavioural drivers
- Hygiene factors and motivators
- Glasser's innate drivers
- Filters of experience
- The emotional loop
The Skills of the Coordinator
- Time management
- Teamworking skills
- Essentials of project management
- Meeting management
- Effective use of IT to support coordination activities
The Modern Leader
- The 10 intelligences
- Exploring emotional intelligence
- Emotional intelligence and leadership
- Theory X and Theory Y - push and pull leadership
- Values and leadership
- The culture of your organisation
Communicating, Coordinating and Leading
- What do people say about your team - and what do you want them to say?
- Key challenges for your team and how to meet them
- Case study - communicating, coordinating and leading in practice
- Personal action planning
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.