- Price TBA
- Duration 1 Day
- Locations Nasr City
This introductory level course introduces you to the core skills that underpin effective communication: skilled questioning, focused listening and confident voicing of your views. You will learn how to achieve greater success and openness in your work-based relationships. The course contains interactive sessions that will help you to develop your confidence in using more effective questioning and listening skills, and you will leave with a personal action plan identifying the key changes to make.
Is it right for me?
Individuals who want to improve their confidence, gather information, build relationships and persuade internal and external audiences.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Communicate more effectively.
- Gain new information through effective questioning techniques.
- Pick up on hidden messages.
- Actively listen for feelings as well as meaning.
- Use techniques to check and build the understanding of others.
- Increase your confidence when communicating face-to-face.
To gain the maximum benefit from the course, you will be sent a pre-course questionnaire to complete which asks you to consider current expectations. This will help you set the context of the course and the information you provide will be used on the day as part of the course activities.
What will it cover?
- Identifying and using different communication styles
- Barriers to effective communication
- Understanding the other person's perspective
The Impact of Poor Questioning and Listening
- Creating confusion and misunderstanding
- Losing new ideas and stifling creativity
- Causing frustration and demotivation
Good Questioning Skills
- Understanding when and how to ask a question
- Taking the time to question rather than answer
- Using probing techniques to gather information
Good Listening Skills
- Improving your concentration when listening
- Learning how to listen for feelings
- Demonstrating appreciation of the other person's point of view
Putting it into Practice
- Communicating with confidence
- What others say may not be what you hear
- Creating a personal action plan to communicate more effectively
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses