Values and Ethics are a central part of our lives. They are as basic and pervasive as thinking and feeling. But aligning strategy with values and ethical issues can leave us feeling confused, uncertain and powerless. This workshop introduces us to ethics through the lens of human values. It shows how to be clear about our values and how to live those values. Ethics is the gateway to living with integrity, peace and strength. The scope of ethics is broad. It is not simply about keeping rules, it extends to the meaning and purpose of our lives. The workshop addresses the need for commitment to ethical behaviour based on values and aligned to strategy as we consider the different perspectives people have on ethics, and what this means for ethical conduct in society. We look at ethics from the perspectives of businessstrategy, thequalityofour relationships.and personal identity.
- Knowhow to discuss ethical issuesin a meaningful way
- Understand why people differ in their ethical outlook
- Have a deeper understanding of your own ethical values
- Have a basisfor further developing your own ethical strength.
- What is strategy, values and ethics?
- Why does ethics raise so many problems?
- Creating a foundation for ethics using the idea of values
- What are values?
- Identifying ethiealvalues
- The five-dimensional model of the person that gives us fivecore human values
- Discussion: using the fivecore human valuesapproach to understand ethical issues
- Ethics in the business world
- Three orientations toethics: law, relationshipsand identity
- Expanding the three orientations to describe seven world views
- Applying the orientations in practice
- Developing our own ethics
- Self-awareness exercise
Who Can Benefit
- This is a workshop for ‘ordinary people*and it does not require a background in academic study of ethics or philosophy. ‘Ordinary people* includes leaders, managers, professionals, workers,consultants, in fact, anyone working in organisations or in business and anyone interested in finding some clarity about ethics in their workorlifesituation.
- Consultant led classes including a combination of lectures, audio-visual materials,group work, role plays and discussions
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology