- Locations: Somerset West Bay Doha
- Duration: 5 Days
This programme is designed to provide participants with an in-depth analytical understanding of loan documentation, the rationale behind loan documentation including the important clauses, their significance, interpretation, ability to vet a document and understand the importance of covenants and collaterals.
- Upon the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe loan documentation, parties to it and documentation structure
- Classify agreements/contracts according to loan requirements
- Interpret the various clauses and covenants in the loan agreement
- Choose the appropriate documentation for different types of lending
- Appraise important clauses in the loan documentation
- Evaluate document errors.
This introductory course is designed for anyone who needs to develop or improve loan documentation skills as they relate to commercial lending.
This course will use interactive training methods of a combination of lecturing.
- Introduction to the law of Contracts
- Types of loan documentation
- Enforceability of loan documentation
- Collateral types
- Advantages and disadvantages of each type of collateral
- Covenants and their importance
- Documentation of secured and unsecured lending
- Loan transfers and participations
- Events of default
- Remedies, enforcement of remedies and restructuring
- Mortgages types
- Legal due diligence
About Qatar Finance & Business Academy
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses