- Price TBA
- Duration 14 Hours
- Locations 1378 Amman, 11953, Jordan
- Inform participants on the various methods of money laundering and the financing of criminal operations and stages in the banking and non-banking sectors and procedures for detection and control.
- Provide participants with the skills of detection and verification of suspicious activity to the bank's customers and how to handle doubtful cases.
- The basics of money laundering.
- International and regional initiatives to combat money laundering.
- Suspicious activity and money laundering in the banking sectors.
- Global Money Laundering map.
- E-money-laundering and the financing of criminal operations.
- Anti-money laundering in the United States and their consequences on the Arab banks.
- The establishment of regulatory guidelines commitment in banks and the drafting of anti-money laundering policy in accordance with the program
- The best international banking practices.
- Issues and practical cases.
The Central Bank of Jordan began in 1965 to study the necessary means of setting up a team for theoretical and practical training aimed at promoting human cadres of the banking and financial sector and study its employees needs and satisfy their desires to advance their scientific and practical abilities . These efforts culminated in the creation of the Institute of Banking Studies in accordance with Article (37) Paragraph (d) of the Central Bank of Jordan Law and in accordance with the Institute,s Articles of Association No. (69) issued on 1970. The Institute was officially inaugurated on October 9, 1971 and was housed then at the Central Bank,s premises.
In the early 1990,s , the Institute witnessed a new stage ; the construction of the Institute,s permanent headquarter in Tla,a Al Ali , a suburb of the capital Amman . The complex was constructed on an eight dunums plot of land and comprised of administration units, academic and training activities halls, library, laboratories, cafeteria, health clinic and a multipurpose hall. Also , the Institute has two branches, one in Irbid and the other in Aqaba. The purpose of these branches is to widen the distribution of academic and training activities conducted by the Institute to cover the various regions of the Kingdom.See all Institute of Banking Studies courses