The COBIT® Foundation course is interactive, classroom-based learning experience. Participants learn about the need for an IT control framework and how COBIT addresses this need by providing a globally accepted IT governance and control framework. This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT framework using a logical and exampledriven approach for everyone interested in obtaining Foundation-level knowledge of COBIT.
A wide range of business managers, IT management consultants, IT governance professionals, and auditors who wish to gain a better understanding of COBIT and what it can provide to their organization
At the end of this course, participants will gain competencies in:
- Identifying how IT management issues affect organizations.
- Recognizing the need for a control framework driven by the need for IT governance.
- Understanding the principles of IT governance, how IT governance helps address IT management issues, and who should be responsible for IT governance.
- Identifying how COBIT meets the requirement for an IT governance framework.
- Understanding how COBIT is used with other standards and best practices.
- Identifying the COBIT Framework and all its components — control objectives, control practices, and management guidelines.
- Understanding how to apply COBIT in a practical situation.
- Identifying the functions that COBIT provides and the benefits of using COBIT.
- Identifying how the use of COBIT is supported by ISACA.
- Master COBIT at a Foundation level.
- Interact and learn from peers in this intensive, group-learning exercise.
- The case-study-driven learning enables the participants to apply COBIT in their day-to-day practice.
- The course is a stepping stone for the COBIT Implementation Methodology course as well as other COBIT courses.
- Flexible delivery: The course is available in the traditional classroom, virtual classroom, and e-learning formats.
- Course Introduction
- Why COBIT?
- COBIT: An Introduction
- Assignment 1: IT Challenges for Callwick
- The COBIT Cube
- Assignment 2: Video on Demand is Launched
- The COBIT Components Part 1
- Assignment 3: Preparing for the Management Meeting
- The COBIT Components Part 2
- Assignment 4: The Resolution for Callwick
- Assurance Guidance
- COBIT Resources
- Inter-relationships with other Frameworks, Standards and Regulations
- Exam Preparation Guide
- Self Study
- Closure and Feedback
With over 16 years of innovation in IT training and services for enterprises and individuals across Egypt, the region and internationally,We_They for IT is today a leader in the ICT sector.
In the past few years, We_They for IT accomplished a high rank between the leading companies in professional training, software development and technical support.See all Compex courses