Research suggests that employees generally tend to need two main things in their work for it to remain interesting and for them to perform optimally. Firstly employees look for challenging roles and secondly they need a key inpidual who will provide them with the help and support needed in their roles. This key person is often referred to as a coach or a mentor.
Strong management is an integral aspect of any successful company. A crucial aspect of effective management is the ability to provide coaching and mentoring to employees in order for them to work to their full potential, be a satisfied work force and experience both professional rewards and personal well being. Coaching aims to increase employee competence, motivation and does this by empowering the inpidual in order for them to maximize their contribution to the organization and help in running it successfully.
Businesses and companies are growing more and more aware of the need for a satisfied work force. If employees are content and secure in their positions, they will be more likely to work in a better and efficient manner.
This course will prepare participants to become effective coaches and mentors within their organizations. It aims to equip participants with the necessary skills to achieve this and to handle different types of situations. The course will be presented using slides, handouts and through videos and participants will be encouraged to take part in role play exercises as well as interactive discussions in order to fully realize the applicability of their learning.
Objectives The course aims to achieve the following:
- Impart coaching skills to participants
- Enable participants to identify obstacles to becoming an effective coach
- Enable participants to recognize the various ways that coaching is beneficial to employee well being and in turn valuable for the organization
- Familiarize participants with the necessary skills to build a developmental framework for their coaching style
- Familiarize participants with the theoretical underpinnings of coaching
- Allow participants to become acquainted with the different coaching styles
Upon successful completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Have the skills necessary to be an effective coach at the work place
- Overcome obstacles which may hinder their effectiveness as a coach
- Acquire skills which help them to mentor and deal with varying situations with a considered and appropriate response
- Choose their own style of coaching in respect to their unique personalities
- Become skilled at conflict resolution and problem identification
- Create an action plan and a vision statement of their own approach to coaching and how it will be implemented
Kawader is a learning and development institute licensed by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority of Dubai (KHDA) that helps people grow in so many ways. It is a place where they combine theoretical information and practical exercises to create memorable and impactful experiences that drive towards learning, behavioral change and business outcomes.
At Kawader, their mission is to prepare people to work in a multicultural environment, face new challenges, critically assess business issues and contribute to a brighter future for their organizations.
their consultants are energetic, experienced and committed leaders in learning. They have worked in a wide range of industries including telecommunications, universities, banking, transportation, governmental agencies, health care, media, and hospitality.
their focus is on using innovative, engaging learning methods to reach favorable outcomes. they work as partners with their clients to develop new insights and building capabilities that make a difference.See all Kawader courses