Gain the foundation necessary to effectively centralize and manage desktops in the data center and deliver them as a service to users anywhere. You will learn how to select a desktop delivery model for each user group based on their needs, build proof-of-concept and production XenDesktop environments, assign virtual desktops to users, and customize the user experience through policies. You will also learn to build a Provisioning Services farm to enable single-image desktop management, and you will learn to host virtual machines on the client device using Citrix XenClient.
You will learn about XenDesktop 5.5 new HDX enhancements, including quality video and audio on WAN connections, full Windows 7 aero graphical experience, and simplified HDX configuration. This new and helpful content is not included in the course manual, but instructors have it for classroom review.
- IT professionals, including server, network, and system administrators and system engineers, analysts, consultants, and architects
- Citrix Partner Network members
- Determine the best Flexcast delivery model for each user group
- Build a XenDesktop proof-of-concept environment
- Configure a XenServer host for desktop delivery
- Build and configure a production XenDesktop site
- Manage virtual desktops as a single entity by creating a desktop catalog
- Modify a desktop image without impacting user productivity
- Restrict or allow certain XenDesktop features using policies
- Monitor site activity and troubleshoot issues in Desktop Director
- Install and configure Provisioning Services
- Copy a desktop image to a virtual disk that can be streamed to virtual and physical target devices
- XenClient infrastructure
- Install and configure Synchronizer for XenClient
- Introducing XenDesktop
- Configuring the Hypervisor for Desktop Delivery
- Installing and Configuring XenDesktop
- Managing Desktop Catalogs and Groups
- Customizing the User Experience
- Monitoring XenDesktop Sites
- Streaming Desktops to Virtual and Physical Machines
- Creating a Shared vDisk
- Administering Provisioning Services Components
- Delivering Local VM Desktops
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses