CXD-202-1 Citrix XenDesktop 5 Administration
This course provides the foundation necessary for administrators to effectively centralize and manage desktops in the datacenter and deliver them as a service to users anywhere. Students will learn how to select a desktop delivery model for each user group based on their needs, build proof-of-concept and production XenDesktop environments, assign virtual desktops to users and customize the user experience through policies. This course also provides instruction on how to build a Provisioning services farm to enable single-image desktop management, and how to host virtual machines on the client device using Citrix XenClient.
This course is designed for IT professionals, such as server, network and system administrators, system engineers, analysts, consultants, architects and Citrix Partner Network members.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have the following:
- A basic knowledge of the purpose and goals of virtualization technology
- An understanding of computing architecture, including network and storage devices, device drivers and operating systems
- Basic experience installing and administering Windows Server 2008 R2
- Basic understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts
Upon completion of this course, students are able to:
- Determine the best Flexcast delivery model for each user group.
- Build a XenDesktop proof-of-concept environment.
- Configure a XenServer host for desktop delivery.
- Build and configure a production XenDesktop site.
- Manage virtual desktops as a single entity by creating a desktop catalog.
- Modify a desktop image without impacting user productivity.
- Restrict or allow certain XenDesktop features using policies.
- Monitor site activity and troubleshoot issues in Desktop Director.
- Install and configure Provisioning services.
- Copy a desktop image to a virtual disk that can be streamed to virtual and physical target devices.
- Identify the XenClient infrastructure.
- Install and configure Synchronizer for XenClient.
This course is available in either classroom or self-paced online formats, and includes access to a live lab environment, as well as demonstrations and the practical application of concepts through hands-on exercises.
- Module 1: Introduction and Course Overview
- Module 2: Introducing XenDesktop
- Module 3: Configuring the Hypervisor for Desktop Delivery
- Module 4: Installing and Configuring XenDesktop
- Module 5: Managing Desktop Catalogs and Groups
- Module 6: Customizing the User Experience
- Module 7: Monitoring XenDesktop Sites
- Module 8: Streaming Desktops to Virtual and Physical Machines
- Module 9: Creating a Shared vDisk
- Module 10: Administering Provisioning Services Components
- Module 11: Delivering Local VM Desktops
We_They was founded at the beginning of the millennium by a team of enthusiastic IT specialists who wanted to overcome the routine and create a company that would act in the market not only for business success but for the sake of Technology itself. Thus, the mission of the company was defined – to contribute to forward-looking transformation of the society through software development. Over 5 years of work, we have developed a range of solutions and gained ample experience in the services we offer: Custom Software Development, E-commerce Solutions Development, E-learning Solutions Development, Web development, Project Recovery, Consulting, and Quality Assurance.
Our specialists have been providing software development services for multiple clients from India, France and Malaysia, starting from small companies and continuing with very big and well known clients. Over 5 years, we have completed different kinds of projects; and we specialize in automation of business processes used by our clients.See all Nahda Modern Institute courses