- Locations: Mahboula
- Duration: 5 Days
This fast-paced course provides the foundation necessary for students to effectively centralize and manage desktops and applications in the datacenter and deliver them as a service to users anywhere. Students will learn how to build XenApp and XenDesktop environments; assign virtual desktops; deliver published resources and printers to users; use policies to customize farm settings and the user experience; and administer the environments. In addition, students will learn how to build a Provisioning services farm to enable single-image desktop management.
This course is intended for IT professionals, such as server, network, and systems administrators familiar with Microsoft Windows environments, including Windows 2008 R2 administrators. Existing Citrix XenApp administrators interested in increasing their desktop virtualization skills with Citrix XenDesktop, are ideal candidates. Systems engineers, sales engineers, analysts, consultants, and architects are also appropriate candidates for this course.
This course is offered as an instructor-led training course that focuses on the practical application of XenApp and XenDesktop concepts and administrative tasks through hands-on exercises in a lab environment. Students are expected to self-study select modules of the course content after classroom hours each day. Regularly scheduled Question and Answer sessions will occur daily to address students’ questions arising from the self-study sessions.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have a basic understanding of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and Remote Desktop Services
- Network and storage devices, device drivers, and operating systems
- Networking concepts, such as DNS, DHCP, IIS, load balancing, and file and printing services
- Active Directory and group policy
- Server, desktop, and application virtualization concepts
- Citrix XenApp
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure a Citrix license server, import Citrix licenses, configure license monitoring, and view license usage trends.
- Install and configure Citrix XenApp to create a new farm or join an existing farm.
- Create administrator accounts and assign custom administrative permissions to the accounts.
- Configure the logging of administrative changes to a database.
- Create and apply worker groups that simplify the administration of published resources and policies.
- Install the Web Interface role.
- Create and configure XenApp Web and XenApp Services web sites.
- Customize the layout, content, and appearance of a XenApp Web site.
- Publish application and server desktop resources for access by users and verify that workspace control works correctly.
- View and manage user sessions from the administrative console.
- Install profiling software, profile an application for streaming, and link dependent profiles to allow interaction between streamed applications.
- Publish a streamed application and verify that the streamed application works correctly.
- Create policies to improve performance, restrict user access, and shadow user sessions.
- Test policies to verify that they produce the desired effect.
- Configure custom load evaluators and apply them to servers and applications.
- Configure and test failover using a load balancing policy.
- Install Citrix Receiver, configure and deliver a plug-in package, and verify that self-service applications can be added from a client device.
- Configure printing including, printer auto-creation, driver compatibility lists, session printers, and printing policies.
- Configure a XenApp Web site to use an ICA proxy.
- Identify tools that can be used to monitor XenApp servers and sessions.
- Identify additional components included with Citrix XenApp Platinum edition.
- Configure a XenServer host for desktop delivery.
- Adjust virtual machine properties.
- Backup virtual machine metadata to shared storage.
- Import a virtual machine.
- Install XenDesktop.
- Add a controller to an existing site.
- Install, configure and secure Web Interface.
- Delegate XenDesktop administration.
- Prepare a master virtual machine.
- Assign users to pooled virtual desktops and dedicated virtual desktops.
- Modify desktop catalogs, groups, and a master virtual machine.
- Use policies and Profile Management to restrict and allow XenDesktop features.
- Monitor XenDesktop sessions.
- Shadow XenDesktop sessions.
- Install and configure Provisioning services.
- Create a shared vDisk.
- Create streamed virtual desktops using Provisioning services.
- Update a vDisk.
- Identify key features of XenDesktop 5.5.
About Nahda International Academy
By keeping pace with the contemporary benchmarks of learning, training and skill development, NAHDA International Academy aims to incorporate the advance employment of the modern day converged technologies to maximize the development of its students. The learning and training is carried out in a manner to ensure the global standards of current era's requirements of education and professionalism. The Academy safeguards the concept of active, creative and interactive learning with the provision of vigorous and productive environment.
To enable its pupils to have a stand-out future and fortune, NAHDA International Academy has collaborated with high ranked Schools, Universities, reputed experts of knowledge and technology, professional trainers and development enthusiasts. The Academy is known for its quality education and innovative environment enriched with passion and inventiveness. The educating process is carried out in a way that empowers the individual to exhibit his/her very potential by protecting that individual's unique pattern of thinking and creations.
To meet the present day demands of integrated world and education, NAHDA International Academy has partnered with the world class Universities and institutions around the world including the universities of United Kingdom, United States of America, Europe, Asia and Africa e.g. Frederick University, London School of Marketing, The University of Northampton, The University of Bedfordshire, Atlantic International University, EduQual, Excel High School, Alliance International University This attribute of NAHDA International Academy contributes to be the reason of it managing to stand tall in the highly competitive environment in the region.