- Fees / Price KWD 195
- Duration 1 Day
- Locations British Safety Services Aqueous 3 Aston Cross Business Park Aston Birmingham B6 5RQ England
This course is designed for delegates who have previously passed the two day Site Supervisor's Safety Training Scheme course and can provide proof of successful attendance. It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material in the original course. Its aim is to ensure that candidates continue to have an overview and understanding of best practice as regards their responsibility for supervising and helping to oversee safety in a construction site environment.
The course includes a wide range of topics, many building on the previous two-day course programme as well as introducing new subjects. The certificate has to be renewed every 5 years by attending this SSSTS refresher up-date course
Who can attend?
Only those delegates who hold an existing SSSTS or subsequent Refresher qualification, and provided evidence to the Training Provider before attending the course, are eligible to attend the refresher course. Failure to attend the refresher course within six months of expiry of an existing certificate will require delegates to re-enter the scheme by completing the full SSSTS course if they wish to remain in the scheme.
Upon completion of this course, candidates will be:
- aware of, and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a supervisor.
- aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry best practice affected by changes.
- more aware of their duties and responsibilities with regard to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
- Refunds of fees will only be made for written cancellations received at least 14 days prior to the start of the course (less a 10% cancellation fee to cover administration costs). However, we are happy to accept substitute delegates. Any changes to delegates should be notified, by telephone, as soon as possible.
- Bookings that are accepted within 48 hours are deemed confirmed and subject to payment, even if the delegate is subsequently unable to attend.
- The programme of courses is correct at the time of publication. However, we reserve the right to alter or cancel the programme due to circumstances beyond our control.
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses
Workplace safety Related Questions
Unanswered //Jul 18, 2017 NEBOSH, Health and Safety