- Locations: British Safety Services Aqueous 3 Aston Cross Business Park Aston Birmingham B6 5RQ England
- Duration: 2 Days
This course has been designed to meet the standard of the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) which is focused on meeting the health and safety knowledge and skills necessary for effective site supervisors within the construction industry. This course is for first line managers - those who have to, or are about to, acquire supervisory responsibilities. The course aims to highlight the need for risk assessment in the workplace, implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication and monitoring in order to provide and maintain positive standards of health, safety and welfare on a construction site.
It is designed to ensure that candidates have an overview and understanding of their responsibility for supervising and helping to oversee safety in a construction site environment.
The course is an ideal lead in for delegates who will go on to attend the five-day CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) at a later stage of their career development.
Upon completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry;
- Appreciate how health and safety law is structured;
- Identify how their supervisory role fits into that of the manager in controlling site safety;
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements;
- Carry out site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings;
- Understand what is meant by proactive and reactive monitoring and appreciate their need.
The main topics covered by the syllabus will be best practice in areas such as:
- Construction Accidents: types, numbers and immediate and underlying causes
- Health and Safety Legal System
- Acts, Regulations, Approved Codes of Practice and Guidance Notes
- Risk Assessment in areas such as:
- Work at height
- Occupational Health
- Control of contractors
- Confined Spaces
Training Delivery: A highly participative classroom based course centre around the use of power point presentations.
Handout: Each candidate receives a copy of the CITB course handouts, GT 700 Tool Box Talks and GE706 Site Safety Simplified.
There is a 30 minute, 25 question, objective multiple-choice examination at the end of the course.
Successful candidates will be awarded the CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Certificate.
About British Safety Services
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses
Health and Safety Related Questions
Unanswered //Jul 18, 2017 NEBOSH, Health and Safety