- Price KWD 299
- Duration 2 Days
- Locations British Safety Services Aqueous 3 Aston Cross Business Park Aston Birmingham B6 5RQ England
This course was introduced on 1 April 2002 as part of the Site Management Safety Training Scheme. All Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificates issued after 1 January 2001 are valid for a five year period from the date of issue. The two day refresher course will enable current certificate holders to renew their qualification.
This course is designed to ensure that personnel maintain and up-date their current health and safety knowledge. The course covers changes to legislation, approved codes of practice and best working practice within the industry.
Individuals wishing to renew their SMSTS certificate must provide a copy of the original five-day SMSTS course certificate. Details of the course venue and the date of the course should also be provided if known. Only those individuals who have passed the five day SMSTS course and provided evidence of this will be eligible to take the two day refresher course.
Upon completion of this course, candidates will be able to:
- Appreciate recent developments in construction legislation accident causes, costs and reasons for prevention;
- Understand the legal system, relevant legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, Guidance Notes Codes of Practice and Case Law;
- Conduct risk assessments;
- Monitor health and safety performance;
- Understand best practice in the management of sub-contractors;
- Disseminate information to operatives and sub-contractors.
The main areas covered by the syllabus are:
- Introduction to Health and Safety Management
- Managing Health and Safety
- Responsibilities of Supervisors and Managers
- Measuring and Auditing health and safety performance
- Control of hazards and risks
Handout: Each candidate receives copies of two CITB documents, XA 6 course workbook and 2 x GE 700 reference manuals.
Assessment is determined by reaching a minimum level of achievement against four criteria:
- Full attendance of all course sessions
- Performance in each of the four core exercises
- An overall review by the course tutor
- A pass mark in the 50 question multi-choice paper
Successful candidates will be awarded the CITB Construction Site Management Safety Training Certificate. This certificate will remain valid for 5 years.
Refunds of fees will only be made for written cancellations received at least 14 days prior to the start of the course (less a 10% cancellation fee to cover administration costs). However, we are happy to accept substitute delegates. Any changes to delegates should be notified, by telephone, as soon as possible.
Bookings that are accepted within 48 hours are deemed confirmed and subject to payment, even if the delegate is subsequently unable to attend.
The programme of courses is correct at the time of publication. However, we reserve the right to alter or cancel the programme due to circumstances beyond our control.
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses
Health and Safety Related Questions
Unanswered //Jul 18, 2017 NEBOSH, Health and Safety