- Duration: 1 Day
This one day interactive course is the first nationally accredited environmental training programme to be developed for site supervisors/managers with the aim of providing candidates with an introduction to environmental issues on construction sites.
ConstructionSkills, the construction industry's Sector Skills Council, working together with leading construction and engineering providers Costain, Skanska and Wates Group, developed the new course and is fully endorsed by the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) and the Environment Agency (EA). It is designed to meet the basic environmental knowledge that sub-contractors are required to prove to major contractors, and covers the environmental aspects of the new touch screen health, safety and environment test.
The course will bring the candidates' environmental and sustainability knowledge up to date by giving a thorough overview of the subject, relevant legislation and industry best practice. Additionally it is a transferable training programme for the UK construction industry - reducing the costs and duplication of large contractors having to develop their own in-house training schemes and providing a programme that can be embedded across the supply chain.
It will enable the supply chain to identify, control and minimise the environmental impacts of their work and where possible identify environmental improvement opportunities.
Course Objectives Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- The environment and why is it important?
- An outline of Environmental Management Systems
- Waste management
- Pollution prevention and water management
- Being a good neighbour - statutory nuisance, communication, archaeology and heritage
- Energy and resources
- Being a responsible contractor
Training Delivery: A highly participative classroom based course centred around a combination of power point presentations, tutorials and case studies. Candidates will understand how each issue affects work on construction sites and focus on best practice techniques and legal compliance. Each session ends with key 'dos' and 'don'ts' and details of further information sources.
For in house courses, an hour of training can be dedicated to reflect individual company requirements or sector-specific issues. At the end of the course delegates will consider how they will implement changes on site.
Venue: Public Courses: BSS training centre in Aston, Birmingham. In company courses will be held at a suitable venue provided by the client. To include flip chart, CRT projector and screen.
Handout: Each candidate receives a copy of the new GE 700 Environmental section for reference during the course and future reference on site.
Assessment A 30 minute, 25 question, objective multiple-choice examination at the end of the course. The pass mark is 72%. Successful candidates will be awarded the CSkills Site Environmental Awareness Training Certificate, which is valid for five years.
Delegates will be allowed to refer to their handout during the examination.
Refunds of fees will only be made for written cancellations received at least 14 days prior to the start of the course (less a 10% cancellation fee to cover administration costs). However, we are happy to accept substitute delegates. Any changes to delegates should be notified, by telephone, as soon as possible.
Bookings that are accepted within 48 hours are deemed confirmed and subject to payment, even if the delegate is subsequently unable to attend.
The programme of courses is correct at the time of publication. However, we reserve the right to alter or cancel the programme due to circumstances beyond our control.
About British Safety Services
BSS is one of the leading providers of health and safety training in the UK and across the globe.
Since being the first NEBOSH accredited Training Provider to export the NEBOSH National General Certificate, NGC, outside the UK shores, (Muscat, Oman; 1993), BSS has gone on to score several other firsts;
- First to present the NGC in the Sultanate of Oman
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Algeria
- First to present the NEBOSH Award in Occupational Safety & Health in Libya
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Algeria
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in China
- First NEBOSH registered Centre in Qatar for the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety
- First in Qatar to conduct the International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety, with 100% pass rate, of which 7% were distinctions, 57% credits and 36% base passes
- First to Present the NEBOSH International Technical Certificate in Oil and Gas Operational Safety in China.
- First to offer the IOSH Supervising Safely, (which was written by BSS and donated to IOSH).
- BSS was one of the trusted few chosen to pilot the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate in the UAE.
- BSS are extremely proud of their exceptional results and pass rate with the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
BSS is proud of their exciting development of services in the provision of Health, Safety, and Environmental, (HSE), training and consultancy. With 9 regional offices, UK, Qatar, Dubai, Yemen and China, with our two most recent offices now open in Algeria and Libya. BSS also has representative offices in Kuwait and Pakistan.
Additionally, BSS is represented on various industry bodies, and has close links with both CIEH and NEBOSH. NEBOSH revision papers and guidance is available to existing clients via the “client log in” area.
If you need support in health and safety training – in house within your organisation either in the UK or internationally, or need to attend one of our open courses please contact us.See all British Safety Services courses