- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
This instructor-led, task-based, hands-on course provides the experienced Cisco DCM operator with the knowledge and skills required to configure and manage the Cisco® DCM’s advanced features. These features include rate control, transcoding, program splicing and insertion, scrambling/descrambling, forward error correction, alarm configuration, and dense receiver decryption. In addition to configuration of the advanced features, students will practice analyzing and resolving common service issues related to Cisco DCM operation in a broadband network.
- After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Use a systematic troubleshooting process to identify and resolve common service issues directly related to Cisco DCM operation.
- Use the Cisco DCM GUI to configure alarm triggers according to desired parameters
- Use the Cisco DCM’s transcoding function to convert video and audio formatting.
- Use the Cisco DCM’s transcoding function to configure picture-in-picture (PIP) streams; closed captioning; and the insertion of logos, banners, and EAS alerts.
- Describe the process for using the DCM GUI to configure digital program insertion (DPI) and program switching.
- Use the Cisco DCM’s DPI feature to splice program content
- Describe the process for DVB Simulcrypt and BISS scrambling/descrambling using the DCM GUI
- Use the DCM GUI to perform the BISS scrambling/descrambling process for content protection.
- Describe and analyze the process for configuring D9036 Statmux control.
- Use the DCM’s forward error correction (FEC) function for reduction of packet loss.
- Use the DCM GUI to configure and monitor 8-VSB settings.
- Reviewing the Cisco DCM
- Managing Cisco DCM Alarm Configuration
- Using the Cisco DCM Troubleshooting Process
- Managing Bandwidth
- Transcoding Video and Audio Formats
- Configuring Digital Program Insertion (DPI) and Program Switching
- Scrambling and Descrambling
- Tuning Dense Receiver Decryptor (DRD) Cards
- Configuring Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- Managing Additonal DCM Features
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses